Wish list for new website

Technical forum for feedback and comments on the website.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wish list for new website

Post by maskedsquid »

The return of our avatars...
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Avatars will be returning shortly.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

the return of the old functionality for following links..

They're now loading within the forum window rather than loading a new one as they did before
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Your requests have been forwarded to the Site Administartors

:smt023 :smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Two late requests and it is hard to explain but I'll give it a go.

On the old forum after you had browsed around for some time it used to think that you had viewed all of the topics on the forum that you had been looking at and it marke them all as "read" topics. However on this forum no matter hw much browsing you do it always marks every single topic that you haven't read as un read. I know its a bit petty but do you think its possible to have it so that it marks some as read it just annoys me to see the orange bit by the forum link ALL the time.

Last request is that on the old forum you would only have to click on the topic and look on the first page to get the system to mark it as read however on this one you have to look on the page where the new post has been made and it does get a bit annoying. I am OK with it the way it is now but its just a bit annoying.

Feel free to tell me if I am being petty!
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I know what you mean, but I think it's part of the functionality of the forum and I doubt it can be changed. I am also going to ask about when avatars might return as one or two people have mentioned that.
Demelza - another Mother
sjwoodman

Post by sjwoodman »

Personally, I'd like a reduction in the default font size, especially for the list of topics in each forum. It seems to be much larger than before and I actually find it difficult to read. It also means that many threads spill over onto multiple lines.

Secondly, I find the area at the top left of the page very 'busy'. There seem to be more links there than before (I might just be imagining it) and it's difficult to find the one you're looking for.

Thirdly, on the old board when you'd marked all topics as read there was a link to go back to the forum index. This, to me, makes more sense than the 'last viewed forum' which is the link on the new site. If I've just marked everything as read then I don't want to see those posts again and so don't want to go back to that forum.

I'll probably think of some other things, the design to me seems a bit too cluttered and suffers from 'feature overload'.

Finally, the 'submit' button is difficult to find when you're trying to post something! It would make more sense on the RHS or be a different colour.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Is there a case for a 4th forum to be put into place. This could be for sports related isssues that aren't anything to do with rugby so the football, rugby league, the olympics it just seems odd to have these topics on the chit chat forum about sport when it is really just for news, entertainement, jokes etc.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Dunno if this is "wishlist" or a technical query but ... can you "import" smileys, or do they only work off a specific code for the site? I have seen some rippers on other sites (some of the sites are Sotic-run, and all the smileys are more or less decent, although the lighting-fart one is tremendous), but don't know whether they are transferable. Can they be requested or something like that?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Dunno, but I shudder to think of the context you might use some of these favoured smilies :smt005 I can ask if you like.
Demelza - another Mother
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Do we have anymore news on the Avatar front?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I have sent an email to find out what the latest update is with the Avatars. When I get any information, I will update you.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Ben the Tiger wrote:Is there a case for a 4th forum to be put into place. This could be for sports related isssues that aren't anything to do with rugby so the football, rugby league, the olympics it just seems odd to have these topics on the chit chat forum about sport when it is really just for news, entertainement, jokes etc.
I agree, but when I raised this with an earlier (now ex) mod I was told that having an additional sports forum would add to their workload.

So I guess that's a 'no'.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

tbh I don't think it would get that much use.... I may be wrong though, I can make a poll in chit chat to see how many would use such a forum if we had one if you like
Demelza - another Mother
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Go for it. Although there are many posters that never go on chit chat, so I'd put the poll on both forums.

If there's no interest then we have our answer.