DANGER: Valentines card virus - dont get caught out !

Technical forum for feedback and comments on the website.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

DANGER: Valentines card virus - dont get caught out !

Post by banbury tiger »

Beware everyone :!: there is a valentines card virus that is going around. It comes from emails and msn conversations.

it is mainly through msn and windows live. you can get a message that appears like your contact is sending you a file but it is actually a virus. you will notice it if it shuts down your running programs at the time and with me it prevented the anti virus from updating or even turning on which leaves you open to phising ansd other attacks. But it also comes as a email with hotmail customers which appears as though one of your contacts has sent you it were they actually havent so i wouldnt open any attachments about valentines cards if i were you as it could well be this virus.

My comp was infected and windows had to be re-installed. hope you stay aware and dont get caught out !

has anyone else experienced this ??
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Thanks there was one from msn before it said "Are you in this picture" then you opened it and got a nasty virus.

People were sending it to other people in my class at school point being. To stop people going on their computer that is why I don't have msn and have no intention of getting it.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The best thing to do is
make sure all your anti-virus programmes, firewalls and security patches are up to date. These should be updated at least once a week if not more often.
Check Symantec or Norton for up to date risks and warnings.
Never open or download ANY file coming through MSN or messenger programmes without scanning them first. It's one of the easiest ways for worms, trojans and viruses to spread.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother