Wide Screen

Technical forum for feedback and comments on the website.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Wide Screen

Post by Hairy Egg »

I don't know whether this is just me (probably is) but since the new website was launched I can't get the full screen and have to constantly scroll left and right to read posts.

I've tried changing the font size but that just makes the writing smaller and not the frame.

I'm finding it very irritating - if it is a setting that needs changing can someone tell me what to do.

In English please - I'm not the most technical of people.

Thanks
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

I tend to log on to the website at work where I have access to two computers.

I was about to launch a vicious diatribe about the redesigned website having browsed on the left one of my two.

Thankfully, before doing so I checked by logging on by my other computer and found things to be readable.

Now I have a screen which is readable I can actually see the message board link (I thought it had been removed completely at first) on the main menu, this was mostly obscured by two large white rectangular blobs.

Having checked for any differences between the graphics settings on both machines though I can see none. Both are set at High Color (16 Bit) with a screen area of 1024 by 768 pixels, and both have a font size of Normal (96dpi) so I'm at a loss to define the cause of the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Just thankful my right-hand screen works OK.

Would be interesting to diagnose the problem though, because my main screen (Right Hand one) is sometimes tied up with processing, so would be good to get to the bottom of the mystery.

Must say, the new website is a definite improvement, I used to get funny java messages all over the place asking whether I wanted to debug the screen on the previous version when paging backwards having read a message. This doesn't happen now.

Well done peeps!
Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigerbob »

Ahh - I think the problem MAY be one of font size just realised the reason the Name and E-mail box obscure the top menu is that the font is too large (even though my default graphics settings are the same on both machines) on the duff one.

Incidentally - I spoke too soon about the disappearance of the annoying java debugger messages :roll:
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

Thanks for your suggestion but I can see everything fine but have to scroll left an right all the time because it doesn't fit my screen.

The text size on the view menu is set to medium and this is fine on all the other websites I've been on so I don't think it's my settings - it must be something peculiar to this site!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I don't have any problem viewing the screen nor do I have to scroll back and forth. I'm using IE7 as a browser if that's any help.

I am also not getting any java pop ups or messages, nor is the pop up blocker picking any up, although occasionally on the old site layout I would get ActiveX warning popups when using the computer at work.

If you can't sort the problem with your own settings, maybe the Webmaster/Admins can help?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Tigers Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Tigers Webmaster »

Check your screen resolution. The site is designed for minimum of 1024 -768. This is because less than 5% of users are 800 resolution and declining.

If you are 1024 and still experiencing difficulties, please reply by letting us know.

1 Type of computer you are using Mac or PC
2 The browser version you are using

Regards
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

Tigers Webmaster wrote:Check your screen resolution. The site is designed for minimum of 1024 -768. This is because less than 5% of users are 800 resolution and declining.

If you are 1024 and still experiencing difficulties, please reply by letting us know.

1 Type of computer you are using Mac or PC
2 The browser version you are using

Regards
That's cured it, thanks very much for your help.
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

Help Please

I can't put up with it for any longer :(

I am having to move the screen right/left up and down

Any help please try and make it simple

I don't know how to check or even what screen resolution is know nothing about comps

Thanks

Mary
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

tigers fan wrote:Help Please

I can't put up with it for any longer :(

I am having to move the screen right/left up and down

Any help please try and make it simple

I don't know how to check or even what screen resolution is know nothing about comps

Thanks

Mary
Let us know
what browser you are using - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla etc.

To check your screen resolution - go to your main desktop (the screen before you open any website) and right click in the middle, this should bring up a box called Properties. Click on the tab at the top marked "Settings" and on the left you will see a slider below which will be your screen resolution - set it by moving the slider until it says 1024 -768, click apply/ok and then try again.
Demelza - another Mother
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

Rizzo

Thanks

Found the resoluation and was 1024x768

I am using Internet Explorer

Thanks

mary
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Has that solved the problem? If not, then I will try and get the Webmaster to help you. If you are still seeing a wide screen and having to scroll across, is it on all boards and posts?
Demelza - another Mother
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

Rizzo

Sorry if I did not make it clear it was already on 1024x768 I did not have to change it

Yes I still have the problems and yes it is on all th posts its the same as soon as I enter the Tigers main site

I have no problems on any of the other sites I visit

Thanks

Mary
Tigers Webmaster
Site Admin

Post by Tigers Webmaster »

Tigersfan

Can you provide me with the following information

1. Are you Mac or PC
2. What Internet Explorer Browser are you using

Thanks in advance
tigers fan