How many trophies will Tigers win this season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Poll ended at Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:04 pm

One
41%
Two
19%
Three
7%
None
32%

Total votes: 99

tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

The Trophies being:

Guinness Championship
Heineken Cup
Powergen Cup
Last edited by tjs10 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scouse tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by scouse tiger »

TJS - youve missed out the 'none' option
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Just spotted that and added it in as you were posting! :oops:
jb234

Post by jb234 »

regardless of how many options you give us - it will still be zero and i am the first person who would like to be proved wrong!!!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I am going for 1....I think the Heineken may be beyond us....out in the semi....Premiership ..depends how we perform on the day....Powergen Cup is our best bet this year I reckon.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Do we get a prize if we get both right?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Hopefully, Dcat!! What would the prize be?

Must admit I have gone on the negative side on both. Friday night fixtures cost us in the league it seems and wasn't sure if we'd win both out of Northampton and Bath.

Regarding the trophies, I wasn't sure which side circumstances would allow us to put out against Wasps and if we don't have our full side out, I think it will go against us. With the full side, it is possible. I don't think Tigers will win the Heineken although its possible we may get as far as the final. Tigers are in their current Prem position will have no chance as will get toughest draw in the play-offs.

I would say this. If Tigers beat Wasps in Cardiff, I would buy the first person I saw a drink. You can hold me to that if you come across me!! I will be down in Cardiff.

Perhaps people like myselves need to be more positive but results like the Glaws one have put a downer on the season for me! :( :( :( :(
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i think you are the best english hope in the HC. it is going to be tough though. you also have an excellent chance in the PC. i think whoever wins out of you and wasps will win the final. i don't think you will win the league. but you never know.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

one - the powergen
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Bath are starting to come good just at the right time for them but not for us and now I think we will struggle to beat them in the HC if we don't start upping our performances.

I think we will have a trophyless season yet again. And I think we will also struggle to finish top 4. We need to start upping our game now from this Friday and keep it going till the end of the season if we are to have the remotest of chances of winning anything.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

All three trophies I reckon....
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

i can't see us winning away to sale or biarritz in the HC semi :cry: mind you our HC run so far this season echoes liverpool in the champions league last season.... that performance away to stade was akin to liverpool in monaco, then the comeback against stade in the home game was like olympiakos... there's definitely a never say die attitude our guys have in the H cup so who knows :shock:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Blimey, 19 % currently have gone for 2 or more trophies ! What are you guys drinking ?!
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

dailywaffle wrote:Blimey, 19 % currently have gone for 2 or more trophies ! What are you guys drinking ?!

Whatever it is, the glass is half full, as opposed to many people on here lately who have distinctly half-empty glasses at the moment!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Touche, TJS. But when you think that only the really great sides get close to a double, and as for the treble ...sorry, but there are too many good sides in the way.