Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:04 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:55 pm Its like wearing a chum suit and swimming in shark infested waters at times 😂
That does, indeed, sum it up. I just don't get that we are entitled? OK we're 'customers' but do multi nationals tell their customers exactly what is going on behind closed doors? :smt017
It just tickles me that the ones that are supposedly not bothered are bothered about the ones that are bothered. If you're not bothered then why keep getting involved?! It obviously bothers you then 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:30 pm Can we stick to the topic. The contact that I asked the question to is a very reliable person and the leavers etc will be put out in a release when all details are finalised.
Thanks
:smt023
Well the topic pertains to leavers and stayers so it will be impossible to determine either until the club chooses to tell us supporters. The longer this silence goes on the louder the disquiet from some becomes.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tigerbeat

Leavers - any news?

Post by Tigerbeat »

Leavers news discussion can be posted here
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:49 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:30 pm Can we stick to the topic. The contact that I asked the question to is a very reliable person and the leavers etc will be put out in a release when all details are finalised.
Thanks
:smt023
Well the topic pertains to leavers and stayers so it will be impossible to determine either until the club chooses to tell us supporters. The longer this silence goes on the louder the disquiet from some becomes.
That is exactly the point..
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Re: Leavers - any news?

Post by Tigerbeat »

For those that want to continue asking when any news will be available, use this thread.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

When are we expecting news on the leavers from this Comms black box of a Premiership winning club?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Goshengareth wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:06 pm When are we expecting news on the leavers from this Comms black box of a Premiership winning club?
All the indications are we'll hear tomorrow.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I think there's another factor; maybe, due to contractual shenanigans, the decrease in the salary cap, players desperately looking for contracts until the last minute...

Maybe the list isn't actually finalised until midnight tonight?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If your contract expires do you want any prospective employer to know that your existing club is not trying to sign you?

Out of contract and unwanted by your cub is not a strong bargaining point when it comes to negotiating salary with a potential new club. Got an option with my existing club is a stronger hand to play.
glenn

Post by glenn »

Officially, contracts run until June 30th. So one expects to see the announcement today at some point
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:58 pm I think there's another factor; maybe, due to contractual shenanigans, the decrease in the salary cap, players desperately looking for contracts until the last minute...

Whats this,transfer deadline day? 😉
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bryce Hegarty expected to be on the leavers list
https://twitter.com/kinson88/status/1542701187396694017

Off to the western force.

Might explain why it's being held off though, some early release moves between clubs.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good luck Bryce,never played to his best here sadly.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:37 am Bryce Hegarty expected to be on the leavers list
https://twitter.com/kinson88/status/1542701187396694017

Off to the western force.

Might explain why it's being held off though, some early release moves between clubs.
Not surprised. Hasn't really featured all that much after Sale in the Prem other than the prc and although useful at the back, found wanting as cover at 10.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:18 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:58 pm I think there's another factor; maybe, due to contractual shenanigans, the decrease in the salary cap, players desperately looking for contracts until the last minute...

Whats this,transfer deadline day? 😉
In a weird, no one has any money kind of way, yes. Sort of "who's left" and "how many peanuts are they prepared to play for" kind of way.

Like the opposite of football deadline day! :smt003