SUMMER RUGBY INTERNATIONALS 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: SUMMER RUGBY INTERNATIONALS 2022

Post by baz1664 »

There is no defence to the fact England lost to an Aussie team who were down to 14 men for 45+ minutes.

I am pretty confident to say that EJ will not bring us World Cup glory if he is in charge, would love to eat my words but he is never going to energise, reinvigorate this current crop of players he keeps selecting. The team, game plan just all seems a mess!!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The usual stream that I watch, vk.com/rugbyon sofa is not working this afternoon.
Does anyone have any other options?
Cheers.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:51 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:36 pm
wigworth wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:04 pm

As I have said he is not going anywhere till after the world cup, I also think that there is a very good chance that England end up winning this series which changes the complexion quite a bit. For me the big tell will be the autumn internationals with NZ and SA coming to Twickenham, I think that will be when we see this England team at full bore in quasi world cup knock out mode.
Should be in full bore now,the Northern and Southern Hemisphere leagues almost finished at the same time,not waiting until the SH players are smashed to bits after their domestic leagues,summer tours and then RC while ours are fresh!
Why? There is no great prize for beating Aus now. If you look at the world cup draw England will have 2 extremely hard matches in the semis and final, mostly likely having to play a combo of NZ, SA or France. Like the last world cup where he very specifically targeted the NZ game what I would expect is that in the autumn is to look for odd moments of England exploiting areas where they think these teams are vulnerable, they won't occur all match and will only happen a few times but that will be the real test and then I would expect the same against France in the 6 nations.
Why not go full bore now?! Enjoy your night Wig 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Reffell looking a bit like a spare part,but understandable with his first time in camp.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Very good so far from Weise after a shaky start,one great take right on the touchline and having the strength to stay in play
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Clever play by SA forcing the 9 to carry into traffic so Wales didn’t have an out
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Janjtes is dreadful these days,used to love him with The Lions
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Elton Jantjies having an absolute shocker
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

There's a lot of edge in this game so far
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So unlikeable Biggar,top player though!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:45 pm So unlikeable Biggar,top player though!
I think Biggar was within his rights to question the ref there, was a bit unnecessary for De Allande to drag Williams out of the ruck like that
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:46 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:45 pm So unlikeable Biggar,top player though!
I think Biggar was within his rights to question the ref there, was a bit unnecessary for De Allande to drag Williams out of the ruck like that
Talking in general,never liked his wendyball antics on the field
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:27 pm
wigworth wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:51 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:36 pm
Should be in full bore now,the Northern and Southern Hemisphere leagues almost finished at the same time,not waiting until the SH players are smashed to bits after their domestic leagues,summer tours and then RC while ours are fresh!
Why? There is no great prize for beating Aus now. If you look at the world cup draw England will have 2 extremely hard matches in the semis and final, mostly likely having to play a combo of NZ, SA or France. Like the last world cup where he very specifically targeted the NZ game what I would expect is that in the autumn is to look for odd moments of England exploiting areas where they think these teams are vulnerable, they won't occur all match and will only happen a few times but that will be the real test and then I would expect the same against France in the 6 nations.
Why not go full bore now?! Enjoy your night Wig 👍
The World Cup is played next September not this summer, you only have to look at Ireland last world cup cycle to see how well playing full bore a year before the comp goes.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Brilliant by Reffell,sign him up 😂
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

SA wouldn't even beat England playing like this.