Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: SUMMER RUGBY INTERNATIONALS 2022

Post by Postiger2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:30 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:25 pm Obviously I've got it in for Eddie and won't pretend otherwise but for me, that was another game when replacements at crucial moments cost England. Genge and George were the two today. I felt England had just gained control and the forwards were going nicely when he made those changes.

The late changes worked but largely because Australia switched off with the game won.
Strange that he took Genge off, certainly one of England better players, and left Stewart on for about 77 mins.
Genge was having a fantastic game. Seemed to kill our momentum when he left the field. The rolling maul was proving highly effective and two key components within that are then hooked....strange decision
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I don’t want to criticise the referee because I thought he had a decent game. I did think that England struggled with his interpretation at the breakdown on occasion.
I think they said that Brace is referring next week so will be interesting to see if there are any differences
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Can anyone think of a game (against a top tier team) when we have won the collision and gainline that easy before? We wasted so much quick ball it’s unreal,until the turnaround we were getting over the gainline nearly every time!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Let’s hope Tommy Reffell can put a smile on our faces!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

One dimensional coaching, no trust in the youth on the bench, giving them less than 20 minutes is pointless, we will win nothing with skippy in charge.
Opportunity wasted really, but some experience for young players even if it was brief.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:42 pm One dimensional coaching, no trust in the youth on the bench, giving them less than 20 minutes is pointless, we will win nothing with skippy in charge.
Opportunity wasted really, but some experience for young players even if it was brief.
2 minutes a piece wasn’t it?! Although Chessum got longer. There’s a cracking opportunity there for a decent coach with these players.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:42 pm One dimensional coaching, no trust in the youth on the bench, giving them less than 20 minutes is pointless, we will win nothing with skippy in charge.
I think Jones has been a good appointment for England on the whole but my view is that it has gone very, very stale these past 3 years. I think a series win over a knackered SA side papered over the cracks a bit. Over the past 18 months there's been a huge drop off. Today was pretty typical of that. What were the tactics? What is the style? It wasn't a kicking game. It wasn't a running game. We stopped playing set-piece rugby when that was working. It certainly wasn't all-court rugby. It's just all a bit rudderless now. He ran his course a while back
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

Poor display by a team of individuals especially in the backline. Seemed to be always trying to play of the cuff as no set plays coached!! Farrell at 12 cound't open a can of beans. The coach showed no confidence in his bench, so why select them?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Are we going to get the same rubbish from Jones about building for RWC. I honestly don’t think he is bothered about anything else
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:01 pm Are we going to get the same rubbish from Jones about building for RWC. I honestly don’t think he is bothered about anything else
He has made that abundantly clear and has even outright said it, there is no use getting worked up as nothing is going to change till after the world cup.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bobmac wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:58 pm Poor display by a team of individuals especially in the backline. Seemed to be always trying to play of the cuff as no set plays coached!! Farrell at 12 cound't open a can of beans. The coach showed no confidence in his bench, so why select them?
Yes,Steward did the basics very well and Care kicked well at times and Nowell was very good at times. But as a whole the backline was dire,I've seen better on a Sunday morning coaching junior rugby. It's awful! Square pegs in round holes. No clue and constantly making the wrong decision and the constant swapping at 10 and 12 meant Smith made a lot of tackles where Farrell should've been. He did quite well considering. Move Farrell to 10 or bench him simple! He's not good enough as a player to demand a place in a team for him,wherever that is.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:06 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:01 pm Are we going to get the same rubbish from Jones about building for RWC. I honestly don’t think he is bothered about anything else
He has made that abundantly clear and has even outright said it, there is no use getting worked up as nothing is going to change till after the world cup.
You are of course right, and there is the elephant in the room that the RFU can’t afford to sack him
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yeah,jelly spined RFU have given him the run of the place and are letting him run roughshod. They are an embarrassment too,pigs with their noses in the trough. Free gratis!
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm
Yeah,jelly spined RFU have given him the run of the place and are letting him run roughshod. They are an embarrassment too,pigs with their noses in the trough. Free gratis!
What if he wins the world cup?
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

If the RFU aren't going to ditch Eddie, they need to at least be honest about the rest of the coaching staff. The attack has been woeful under Martin Gleeson