SUMMER RUGBY INTERNATIONALS 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: SUMMER RUGBY INTERNATIONALS 2022

Post by Scott1 »

Absolutely dominated the collision and gainline ,like I said we would,until we gave up! Just wasted it all with a shockingly blunt attack!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

England came alive when the Tigers reinforcements arrived !
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:49 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:47 pm

The fans and the press have already turned against Eddie in the past at the exact same point in the last WC cycle and then we ended up in a WC final
It was nowhere near this bad mate!
2018 Six Nations we finished 5th, this Six nations we finished 3rd

2018 Summer tour to SA we lose 2-1 (Lets not forget SA were still considered a joke at this point), this Summer tour we are 1-0 down
On that performance, Australia will struggle to win a game in the rugby championship.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

That midfield combination needs to be a lot better. Offered precious little threat and then the Aussies just ran hard and straight second half and they couldn't be stopped. It was so simple but we couldn't deal with it.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

I can't see Smith and Farrell are offering anything
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

daktari wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:14 pm I can't see Smith and Farrell are offering anything
Nope,but shoulder boy will get in the team whatever happens. Shame really! England destroyed Ford as a player,I hope they don’t do the same to Smith!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Only good thing is I get a wining margin Superbru point as I had England by 3 and I’ve got an incredible Spanish chicken and chorizo that’s just gone in the slow cooker to be served up at half 7! 😂
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Start with Farrell at 10, Porter and Marchant at centre and replace Farrell with Smith on about 50 minutes
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:17 pm Start with Farrell at 10, Porter and Marchant at centre and replace Farrell with Smith on about 50 minutes
You’ve got to have proper pace out wide so id play May. Maybe even Arundell too or at least bring him on earlier along with JVP.

There are only so many times a loop behind the first receiver is going to work and based on that game it was about 30mins.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:17 pm Start with Farrell at 10, Porter and Marchant at centre and replace Farrell with Smith on about 50 minutes
I do agree there is a perceived weakness there with Smith at 10 defensively, Australia will just Kurandrani up that channel. Arundell has to be given a chance over Big Joe and Ludlam has done enough to start. Not convinced by Hill at this level either
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Funny thing is Smith was making tackles where Farrell should’ve been! Trying to be clever but it was all over the place! Here’s a novel idea,play a 10/12/13 at 10/12/13!
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Obviously I've got it in for Eddie and won't pretend otherwise but for me, that was another game when replacements at crucial moments cost England. Genge and George were the two today. I felt England had just gained control and the forwards were going nicely when he made those changes.

The late changes worked but largely because Australia switched off with the game won.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:25 pm Obviously I've got it in for Eddie and won't pretend otherwise but for me, that was another game when replacements at crucial moments cost England. Genge and George were the two today. I felt England had just gained control and the forwards were going nicely when he made those changes.

The late changes worked but largely because Australia switched off with the game won.
Yes,the late scores are just hollow victories mate
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:25 pm Obviously I've got it in for Eddie and won't pretend otherwise but for me, that was another game when replacements at crucial moments cost England. Genge and George were the two today. I felt England had just gained control and the forwards were going nicely when he made those changes.

Strange that he took Genge off, certainly one of England better players, and left Stewart on for about 77 mins.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:30 pm

Strange that he took Genge off, certainly one of England better players, and left Stewart on for about 77 mins.
Genge was having a fantastic game. Seemed to kill our momentum when he left the field. The rolling maul was proving highly effective and two key components within that are then hooked....strange decision