Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

21/22 The season as a whole

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

What an incredible season it's been.

Decided to start rewatching the season in full on prtv, it's amazing how far we've come just hearing the commentary talking about us in the early games, where we're just a club who got off to a fast start, but it was obvious that we would be reeled in once the big boys got going post Lions and summer international recalls...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: 21/22 The season as a whole

Post by mol2 »

Naturally we should acknowledge Quins are the greatest side in England and an utter aberration that we finished top of the league by a country mile, won the semi finals and the finals.😝🤔 because the London press say so!
Or were we the best side from round 1?

Points mean prizes!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Target on our backs next season now, bring it on!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

You can't buy true teamwork. That's what Steve and Co built. A group that play for each other, with a clear gameplan, and to a greater sum of their parts.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Exceeded my expectations, I just wanted all our home games won in the league and out of the pool rounds of the European Champions Cup. To be honest should we achieve that next year I'll be happy, big changes in the squad for next season, we may need time to meld together, still a team that is growing.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:25 pm Exceeded my expectations, I just wanted all our home games won in the league and out of the pool rounds of the European Champions Cup. To be honest should we achieve that next year I'll be happy, big changes in the squad for next season, we may need time to meld together, still a team that is growing.
I was thinking Borthwick will need to stop talking about our journey now with us being Champions but I suppose, we still are on a journey! It’s the best journey I’ve been on! Long may it continue!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:37 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:25 pm Exceeded my expectations, I just wanted all our home games won in the league and out of the pool rounds of the European Champions Cup. To be honest should we achieve that next year I'll be happy, big changes in the squad for next season, we may need time to meld together, still a team that is growing.
I was thinking Borthwick will need to stop talking about our journey now with us being Champions but I suppose, we still are on a journey! It’s the best journey I’ve been on! Long may it continue!!
Certainly been a season of nice surprises. I had settled on a top 6 finish. Probably better than SB expected but what he is striving for. Definitely still on a journey IMO. One swallow and summer etc blah blah. Definitely a target on their back. Many a team will want their lb of tiger flesh but that is just what the Tigers need to bring them back to reality and push on and complete the journey to be a consistent top performing club - year in year out. I predict Genge will be back in a years time based on his comment that he will stay in close contact with SB for the year ahead - as the lads said "you are a Tiger".
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

We finished 6th last season when Steve was doing loads of rotation so I expected 4th or 5th so to win the league was well above my expectations
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:13 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:37 pm
Certainly been a season of nice surprises. I had settled on a top 6 finish. Probably better than SB expected but what he is striving for. Definitely still on a journey IMO. One swallow and summer etc blah blah. Definitely a target on their back. Many a team will want their lb of tiger flesh but that is just what the Tigers need to bring them back to reality and push on and complete the journey to be a consistent top performing club - year in year out. I predict Genge will be back in a years time based on his comment that he will stay in close contact with SB for the year ahead - as the lads said "you are a Tiger".
We know that the Genge decision was a personal one rather than a rugby one. At 27 he still has plenty of years in the game and Brizzle squad is unbalanced at best for next season. If the personal reasons alleviate I think next season may be too soon but the start of the 24/25 season may be a different matter