LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by TigerMac3 »

Have I missed something on Hegarty? I’ve seen a few comments on here now, and there seems to be a murmur on social media that he could be Oz bound…

EDIT: Radwan, please :smt003
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:59 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:30 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:27 pm Didn’t rolling maul podcast say Moroni and MVS would be staying? :smt005

Imagine we’ll hear further announcements over the summer about Hegarty and Nadolo. Olowofela to probably go back out on loan. Also expect some more incoming players.

Rumours about the Italian U20 flanker, Steff Hughes still and possibly another flanker to replace MVS.
Rolling Maul said they thought Moroni was staying the MVS news was just that he was passing the return to play tests

Doubt Nadolo and Hegarty will be announced over the summer. More likely Autumn announcements for them to go for the start of the year down there in November?
Thank you Steve - that was what we said on both players. Not sure what having a crack on a fans podcast gets people, but hey ho.

On MVS - worth remembering that it was only a few weeks ago, many on here had reported speaking to him personally and being told he would be here next season. We advised that he was passing the return to play procedures like Steve said.

Moroni is an interesting one. Watson's interview with The Telegraph is very interesting as he was told i December by Bath he would not get a new contract, and only got a new club by end of April (us). It's at that point the rumours of Moroni staying went cold - makes me think that maybe we had a choice between the two players and went for Watson over Moroni.
Tbf the way in which your podcast presented that news it did appear as though they both had legs. I appreciate however that any story is only as good as the original source. I’m sure you won’t get disheartened.

Love it when the resident pot on here calls the kettle black, made me giggle.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerMac3 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:21 pm Have I missed something on Hegarty? I’ve seen a few comments on here now, and there seems to be a murmur on social media that he could be Oz bound…

He was added as a possible leaver by RB this morning going off to the Western Force.
Radwan needs to improve his all round game first, you can see by the type of wingers that SB regularly picks Potter, Porter, Ashton, he prefers a work horse to a show pony
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Awfully short these summer hiatuses these days, a day wasn’t it? Hahahahaha 🤦‍♀️
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I suspect Olowofela will go on loan again
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:35 pm I suspect Olowofela will go on loan again
How long is his contract?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The fact there has not been a renewal suggests it might have been a 3 year deal I guess
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:51 pm The fact there has not been a renewal suggests it might have been a 3 year deal I guess
Thanks,do you think he should’ve been given a chance when he came back from Oz? A hat trick in SR is no mean feat
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:52 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:51 pm The fact there has not been a renewal suggests it might have been a 3 year deal I guess
Thanks,do you think he should’ve been given a chance when he came back from Oz? A hat trick in SR is no mean feat
There is a decent player there, on loan at the Dragons isn't exactly a great place to show off your talents....
Wonder if Rowntree Jnr will show up at Munster...one to keep tabs on you would presume.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerMac3 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:21 pm Have I missed something on Hegarty? I’ve seen a few comments on here now, and there seems to be a murmur on social media that he could be Oz bound…

An Australian sports reporter on Twitter, stated Hegarty was coming back to Super Rugby, most likely to Western Force...

https://twitter.com/kinson88/status/154 ... SfOcQ&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Who for?
Potter
Nadolo
Ashton
Saumaki
Porter
Murimurivalu
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:45 pm
Who for?
Potter
Nadolo
Ashton
Saumaki
Porter
Murimurivalu
Wowzers! I was under the impression he was only the 4th to do it for an Ozzie club. Fancy spending all that time researching though just to prove or disprove a point,you're getting very touchy in your old age RB 😂
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

He was the 4th to do it for the Western Force so I was a tiny bit right
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

There is no doubt that Olowefela is pretty quick but he is reluctant to tackle and can’t defend so not Steve’s type of player I guess.
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.