Country Road adopted lyrics

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

YoWaGoWan
Tiger Cub

Country Road adopted lyrics

Post by YoWaGoWan »

Does anyone have the adopted lyrics to our Leicester TIGERS anthem? loved hearing it on saturday, nearly as much as Freddie :smt005
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Country Road adopted lyrics

Post by wigworth »

YoWaGoWan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:55 pm Does anyone have the adopted lyrics to our Leicester TIGERS anthem? loved hearing it on saturday, nearly as much as Freddie :smt005

This is what seems to have been settled on.

Welford Road, take us home
To the place, we belong
Leicester Tigers, strong beside us
Take us home, Welford Road

There is a thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47549
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

YoWaGoWan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:55 pm Does anyone have the adopted lyrics to our Leicester TIGERS anthem? loved hearing it on saturday, nearly as much as Freddie :smt005
Well I was there and I heard the original John Denver "Take Me Home, Country Roads " track and lyrics which I like. The club are busting a gut to engender the so called new Leicester TIGERS anthem which for me has marmite lyrics . You either love it or hate it was first discussed on here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47446&p=816269&hilit=anthem#p816272.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Shouldn't this be only used on away trips?... if at all...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:28 pm Shouldn't this be only used on away trips?... if at all...
Why have folk being singing this at WR? 😂🤦
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:29 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:28 pm Shouldn't this be only used on away trips?... if at all...
Why have folk being singing this at WR? 😂🤦
Good question ask the club and those away supporters who have lobbied for it.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Organised fun. Not my bag but if people like it then great !
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

The seemingly endless debate surrounding the words to be sung is somewhat missing the point. As long as the wider world are aware that it’s “our song” and enough people sing it, the meaning is irrelevant. That precedent has already been set. Or would people rather be singing about a chariot or perhaps a little saucepan?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

loretta wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:49 pm The seemingly endless debate surrounding the words to be sung is somewhat missing the point. As long as the wider world are aware that it’s “our song” and enough people sing it, the meaning is irrelevant. That precedent has already been set. Or would people rather be singing about a chariot or perhaps a little saucepan?
"Our song" ? I presume that "our song" relates to the those away supporters that created and are trying desperately to engender it. Well its not a song that I shall sing. Its down to personal choice and I choose not to, but as has been said if others wish to then good for them. Singing "take me home" when we are playing at home seems frankly bizarre.
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Hate the song. Tacky, cheesy, cringey. Hope it doesn't catch on.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:58 pm
loretta wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:49 pm The seemingly endless debate surrounding the words to be sung is somewhat missing the point. As long as the wider world are aware that it’s “our song” and enough people sing it, the meaning is irrelevant. That precedent has already been set. Or would people rather be singing about a chariot or perhaps a little saucepan?
"Our song" ? I presume that "our song" relates to the those away supporters that created and are trying desperately to engender it. Well its not a song that I shall sing. Its down to personal choice and I choose not to, but as has been said if others wish to then good for them. Singing "take me home" when we are playing at home seems frankly bizarre.
Our song relates to whichever song we take up singing. I was merely pointing out that the lyrics of club songs are not the most important factor And, of course, those who choose to do something different are completely at liberty to do so. I’m sure there are plenty who choose not to join in with the chant of Tigers whenever it breaks out. There are a couple who sit in front of me who remain silent throughout every game, you pay your money and you take your choice.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
bendy

Post by bendy »

I can't believe anyone can watch Freddie's post match interview and say they don't feel an affiliation to this song.

Frankly, at this point he could ask me to sing 'allez, allez, allez' and I probably would!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

There is a reference to the song on the Tiger's site in the article about the trophy:

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ha ... hip-trophy
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerReggie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:38 pm Hate the song. Tacky, cheesy, cringey. Hope it doesn't catch on.
👋👋👋👋👋
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

For what it’s worth and at risk of annoying the style police, I think its super to have a song that is associated with us. Something to counter saints go marching in and mighty Quins.