KiwiTig wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm Sang at Clermont
Sang at Twickenhan
Sang at Welford Road
Sang in the bar
Sang in the street
Sang with players
Sang with friends
We were united, we roared and people knew we were in town

I can’t see why we are debating something so positive that has come, created and amplified such positive experiences-truly baffling !
This. This is what it’s about. Not the words, not the tune, not whether you like John Denver, or even Denver for that matter. :smt023
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Country Road adopted lyrics

Post by Crofty »

loretta wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:47 pm
KiwiTig wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:00 pm Sang at Clermont
Sang at Twickenhan
Sang at Welford Road
Sang in the bar
Sang in the street
Sang with players
Sang with friends
We were united, we roared and people knew we were in town

I can’t see why we are debating something so positive that has come, created and amplified such positive experiences-truly baffling !
This. This is what it’s about. Not the words, not the tune, not whether you like John Denver, or even Denver for that matter. :smt023
Aaah but you've got to let the fun police have their fun moaning about everyone else having fun...

In that spirit I have Mount boards and marker pens and I'm not afraid to use them...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

My dad and I haven’t been ones for sing songs at Leicester Tigers, but we both approve of “Take Me Home”, Tigers’ version, or not. It sounds good when everyone is singing it. IMHO. At the end of the game I would love to here The Game, by Echo & The Bunnymen. 😃🏆
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

I guess I’m firmly in the middle of the (country) road on this one. Country roads is a great song. Personally I sing the original lyrics every time, including at Twickers, but that’s only because I enjoy singing the original song. No issue with the “Tigers” version _ good on Mikey for trying something difficult. It certainly gives a break from the 2000th rendition. of the “Tigers” drone, which has its place (at least it’s not difficult to remember the lyrics!) but does get a bit, putting it diplomatically, monotonous at times.

Then again, I’m commenting on this because it’s an upgrade on commenting on the drivel that EJ presented yesterday against Australia. Is EJ now MOC in disguise?)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:44 am I guess I’m firmly in the middle of the (country) road on this one. Country roads is a great song. Personally I sing the original lyrics every time, including at Twickers, but that’s only because I enjoy singing the original song. No issue with the “Tigers” version _ good on Mikey for trying something difficult. It certainly gives a break from the 2000th rendition. of the “Tigers” drone, which has its place (at least it’s not difficult to remember the lyrics!) but does get a bit, putting it diplomatically, monotonous at times.

Then again, I’m commenting on this because it’s an upgrade on commenting on the drivel that EJ presented yesterday against Australia. Is EJ now MOC in disguise?)
EJ is MOC's offspring? Certainly last time MOC was here looked like birth was imminent :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Singing this could be useful. As visiting teams have only ever heard our two chants they will be startled by the strange noise and look to the stands. While we nip round them and score.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina