Country Road adopted lyrics

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Country Road adopted lyrics

Post by Pmvl »

Totally agree with LE18, those of us that were there in Clermont will testify the atmosphere after the game was fantastic. virtually every one including the team were singing, might not have been the same words but we were all singing, it’s up to you if you sing or not but why keep on moaning about others singing & trying to create an atmosphere.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

One of the most stirring moments of the Twickers experience was when the players came over to our North/East corner of the ground with the trophy, 'Country Road' starting playing and we belted it out as loud as we could.

It contributed to an amazing atmosphere!
bendy

Post by bendy »

This is a thread about the words to a song that some people want to sing.

I completely understand that not everyone wants to sing along, and indeed I can well imagine some people just don't like the song. But I don't understand the need to keep on saying it in this thread.

It's like if there were a thread on this weekend's French matches and I kept going into it to post "I'm not going to watch this match, I think it's cringe that people are".

Sure, there's nothing to stop me doing so, but what am I hoping to gain from it? It's hardly a discussion, is it?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

No one is forcing anyone to like or dislike the song.........it happened in Clermont and seems to have followed back to Welford.......discuss the song and the lyrics but please respect other peoples views.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
SuperEagle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by SuperEagle »

Not sure why there's so much moaning about this.

I was belting it out on Saturday and loved it.

No one is forcing anyone to sing if they don't want to, I don't get the mentality of those who don't want to sing moaning at those who do
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

SuperEagle wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:47 am Not sure why there's so much moaning about this.

I was belting it out on Saturday and loved it.

No one is forcing anyone to sing if they don't want to, I don't get the mentality of those who don't want to sing moaning at those who do
Good for you sing and moan away
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Lol who would have thought this thread would cause so much bickering :smt005
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

LE18 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:46 pm It started in Clermont when their band started up, Pithhead, dont know his real name, took this up adapted it to Leicester Tigers, at the end after we had won, all the Tigers team came over to our corner of the ground and all of them joined in with our singing, they loved our support.
For those who dont want to join in, dont, but for goodness sake please dont keep repeating the fact over and over, those that want the song have heard your views, please relent and join in, its a bit of fun and the players like it. Its not intended to replace our Tigers chant, its just a bit of harmless fun.
Pithead is Mike Dixon - a top guy !!
Less is more....
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Thought I would have a go at an alternative so called new anthem. All lyrics set to the tune of " Ireland Ireland"

Tigers Ti igers
together we stand tall
stronger and stronger
This is the tigers roar
This is the tigers roar

Steel hat and armour firmly on fire away
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

TigerReggie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:38 pm Hate the song. Tacky, cheesy, cringey. Hope it doesn't catch on.
Well ours is certainly better than Sweet Caroline that others play during the games! Well done Mike!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:57 am Lol who would have thought this thread would cause so much bickering :smt005
It's going to be a long summer :smt015
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Bunchy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:00 pm
LE18 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:46 pm It started in Clermont when their band started up, Pithhead, dont know his real name, took this up adapted it to Leicester Tigers, at the end after we had won, all the Tigers team came over to our corner of the ground and all of them joined in with our singing, they loved our support.
For those who dont want to join in, dont, but for goodness sake please dont keep repeating the fact over and over, those that want the song have heard your views, please relent and join in, its a bit of fun and the players like it. Its not intended to replace our Tigers chant, its just a bit of harmless fun.
Thks Bunchy, I think JohntheGriff had told me previously but my old brain could not remember. :smt023
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Bunchy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:00 pm
Mike is " Pith head " # He wears one for the games ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pith_helmet . :smt028
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Sang at Clermont
Sang at Twickenhan
Sang at Welford Road
Sang in the bar
Sang in the street
Sang with players
Sang with friends
We were united, we roared and people knew we were in town

I can’t see why we are debating something so positive that has come, created and amplified such positive experiences-truly baffling !
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm
RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:57 am Lol who would have thought this thread would cause so much bickering :smt005
It's going to be a long summer :smt015
Hope it’s not a Cruel summer

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=long+ ... yww80,st:0

:smt044