Massive thank you’s to leaving players

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Burtonbelle

Massive thank you’s to leaving players

Post by Burtonbelle »

We as fans don’t get much opportunity to thank those players who have been fantastic for the club all season (and longer) but who are now leaving, some who may not even want to. So MASSIVE THANKS for your hard work, bodies on the line, filling Welford Road again with noise and pride. You are premiership Champions and we are proud of you. Good luck with everything you do in the future and bear in mind GF and FB came back!
Also special mention to Tom Youngs and Kevin Sinfield - enough said.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Massive thank you’s to leaving players

Post by tigerburnie »

Amen to that.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’m sad to see this great player go. He was unlucky with being injured in the early part of 2022 so we didn’t see him until April. Reminded me of Anthony Allen but with more flair. The through the legs pass to Nadalo at the stoop had the Quins fans applauding and gasping: being at the game I saw a great reaction ( doubt if TV would have picked it up) from Danny Care who as soon as play stopped ran over smiling and tapped Moroni on the back and congratulated him.
His great technique when tackling Billy V in the final was instrumental in us
winning.
I just hope Watson gets fit otherwise the loss of Moroni will be huge!
Good luck at Newcastle and thanks for being a great Tiger.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Can I just ask Ian why the fitness of Watson is key to how much Moroni will be missed.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

If any leavers look at this, it's clear to me how much Tigers performance this year has been down to many more than those named in the match day 23. If you're heading to new pastures, good luck on the journey, and thanks for the ride! As with Freddie B it could well be au revoir!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great header! 👏👏👏
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Juan Pablo Socino listed as "Released" on Wiki. Thanks Juan all the best for the future.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Hi Rugbygramps.
Watson, sadly for him, has struggled to get back Bath at the end of the season but was named in Eddie Jones’ England squad only to be then omitted.
Moroni has been brilliant in defence and attack all season and has at times moved to the wing.
I’ve always enjoyed watching Watson play but, I’m not sure he’s very versatile and he likes running the ball back so it will, hopefully if he gets fit, be interesting to see how he can play in the high intensity game Steve Borthwick and the coaches have got our Tigers playing. Sitting high up at Twickers on Saturday you could see the incredible work put in by Ashton, Moroni, Porter, Potter and Steward that caused panic in the Sarries’ backs.
I really do hope Watson makes a full recovery. Moroni, however, was instrumental in organising our defence but had a very creative element to his game.
I for one will miss watching him rush across to help his fellow backs in defence,tackle superbly, kick astutely and make some audacious passes.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Watson is world class when fit. Hopefully Aled can work his magic on him.
A2O
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

100% agree
Hard to take in that that amazing squad will never be together again
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:30 pm Watson is world class when fit. Hopefully Aled can work his magic on him.
I would say that Moroni is world class and is more often fit... I see him as a huge loss. But hey, a hard decision was made, and I can just about understand it, assuming it was down to financial reasons, not preference. It is done now.

I am so much looking forward to next season already, if not just to watch how Pollard gets on!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I guess what's the definition of world class?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:13 pm I guess what's the definition of world class?
Term that is banded around a bit freely imo. Moroni certainly test class but for me world class is you would be pushing to get into any team in the world. Would Moroni get into any of the 3 Southern Hemisphere big sides, the French or the Irish teams, personally I don’t think he would.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Montoya is truly world class and is the only one in the current squad. Steward could be in the same bracket give another 10 years.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:40 pm Montoya is truly world class and is the only one in the current squad. Steward could be in the same bracket give another 10 years.
10 years?! Crazy talk,he's took to test rugby like a duck to water and if he continues on this trajectory he will be putting his hand up in the World Cup
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer