Attendance numbers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Attendance numbers

Post by ay2oh »

Don’t think that they counted the final otherwise it makes our average home gate around 15k which is far too low.
A2O
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

chappie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:08 pm
bendy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:13 pm Playing a game of hypotheticals then (and yes I'm already missing the rugby season - it's going to be a long summer....!):

Let's say Tigers have tried and failed for a few years to get planning permission to redevelop the Crumbie stand and/or fill in the corners between the North and Beehive/Mattioli stands, so are stuck with a 25k capacity.

At the same time, the King Power guys over at LCFC have increased their capacity to 60k with some big new stands.

Would we want to play one or two home games at the KP to bring in some Brucie Bonus cash for the club? Let's say Saints and Sarries at home, an additional 35k seats at.... £20 each, times two is £1.4m. Let's call it £1m after paying for extra stewards and policing and what have you.

£1m is a lot to turn down, and Quins/Sarries obviously don't mind grabbing that cash, but for me I would find it pretty painful to play a home match away from WR.
LCFC expansion plans will only take their capacity to just over 40k! Don’t know anything about 60k capacity?

We still have a reduced capacity on the terrace? god only knows why when Covid-19 has all but settled down, I think we could count on one hand the amount times we have hit the 26K capacity of Welford Road.

I think the days of 15K season ticket holders are long gone because of inflated ticket prices and also TV coverage and Streaming games etc.
I think back and remember having conversation’s with other ST holders and the only reason they had season tickets back in the day was to guarantee you had priority tickets for Semi/Finals.
It will be interesting to see if the team continues to evolve and get on a winning streak like we did in the late 90’s early 00’s, then you might see ST and attendance numbers rise, that just my opinion, I could be very wrong, only time will tell?
Inflated ticket prices? I don't think our season tickets have increased for 2 years have they?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:39 pm Don’t think that they counted the final otherwise it makes our average home gate around 15k which is far too low.
Doing the maths 16 home games in PRC and league puts the average around 21k which I’d say is right
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:55 am
ay2oh wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:39 pm Don’t think that they counted the final otherwise it makes our average home gate around 15k which is far too low.
Doing the maths 16 home games in PRC and league puts the average around 21k which I’d say is right
This is what I thought.
A2O
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:47 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:35 pm
bendy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:53 am

They definitely have. The Stoop can only hold about 12k-15k, so they'd have to play all 24 matches at home to get anywhere near that total if the Twickenham matches weren't included.
Worth pointing out that Quins played 2 games at Twickenham instead of the stoop as part of the normal season
That’s a good point TFS, but the basic maths are that with having a max attendance of 15000 at the Stoop, even if there was only 50000 at each of the Twickenham games, that’s an extra 70000, which is not far off an extra 5 home games. It’s what it is and I have a feeling another club staged a game there, Bath possibly, but it certainly skews the figures.
Games played at Twickenham cost a lot more to put on than at the Stoop and although it clearly is better financially for them at HQ it’s not as clear cut as it would appear.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:54 am
This is what I thought.
Equally going on league games only it's an average of 19,500 roughly.

Someone can do the math's off this website if they have time:
https://www.cardiffrfcfans.com/fix.php? ... easonID=27
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

sk 88 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:59 am
ay2oh wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:54 am

This is what I thought.
Equally going on league games only it's an average of 19,500 roughly.

Someone can do the math's off this website if they have time:
https://www.cardiffrfcfans.com/fix.php? ... easonID=27
Only using the league games and including the the Semi final it is an average of 20355 using that data.

Including the home Champions Cup games actually brings the average down slightly to 20226.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think no matter what formula we use our attendance figures are a lot better than any other clubs even those that have taken games to other venues.