Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Attendance numbers

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

bendy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:53 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:51 am I wonder if Quins numbers have been swelled by the couple of games they played at Twickenham
They definitely have. The Stoop can only hold about 12k-15k, so they'd have to play all 24 matches at home to get anywhere near that total if the Twickenham matches weren't included.
Worth pointing out that Quins played 2 games at Twickenham instead of the stoop as part of the normal season
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Does anyone know if these are actual attendance figures or the dreaded "tickets sold" which includes any season ticket holders not actually there?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:37 pm Does anyone know if these are actual attendance figures or the dreaded "tickets sold" which includes any season ticket holders not actually there?
Guess that it will be the attendance figures provided by the club for each match which would probably go on tickets sold.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:35 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:51 am I wonder if Quins numbers have been swelled by the couple of games they played at Twickenham
They definitely have. The Stoop can only hold about 12k-15k, so they'd have to play all 24 matches at home to get anywhere near that total if the Twickenham matches weren't included.
Worth pointing out that Quins played 2 games at Twickenham instead of the stoop as part of the normal season
That’s a good point TFS, but the basic maths are that with having a max attendance of 15000 at the Stoop, even if there was only 50000 at each of the Twickenham games, that’s an extra 70000, which is not far off an extra 5 home games. It’s what it is and I have a feeling another club staged a game there, Bath possibly, but it certainly skews the figures.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:47 pm

That’s a good point TFS, but the basic maths are that with having a max attendance of 15000 at the Stoop, even if there was only 50000 at each of the Twickenham games, that’s an extra 70000, which is not far off an extra 5 home games. It’s what it is and I have a feeling another club staged a game there, Bath possibly, but it certainly skews the figures.
Did Saracens not stage one of their games at the Spurs football ground.......capacity of 60 K+?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:49 pm

Did Saracens not stage one of their games at the Spurs football ground.......capacity of 60 K+?
Yes they did
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Yes they did against Bristol.
bendy

Post by bendy »

Playing a game of hypotheticals then (and yes I'm already missing the rugby season - it's going to be a long summer....!):

Let's say Tigers have tried and failed for a few years to get planning permission to redevelop the Crumbie stand and/or fill in the corners between the North and Beehive/Mattioli stands, so are stuck with a 25k capacity.

At the same time, the King Power guys over at LCFC have increased their capacity to 60k with some big new stands.

Would we want to play one or two home games at the KP to bring in some Brucie Bonus cash for the club? Let's say Saints and Sarries at home, an additional 35k seats at.... £20 each, times two is £1.4m. Let's call it £1m after paying for extra stewards and policing and what have you.

£1m is a lot to turn down, and Quins/Sarries obviously don't mind grabbing that cash, but for me I would find it pretty painful to play a home match away from WR.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

bendy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:13 pm Playing a game of hypotheticals then (and yes I'm already missing the rugby season - it's going to be a long summer....!):

Let's say Tigers have tried and failed for a few years to get planning permission to redevelop the Crumbie stand and/or fill in the corners between the North and Beehive/Mattioli stands, so are stuck with a 25k capacity.

At the same time, the King Power guys over at LCFC have increased their capacity to 60k with some big new stands.

Would we want to play one or two home games at the KP to bring in some Brucie Bonus cash for the club? Let's say Saints and Sarries at home, an additional 35k seats at.... £20 each, times two is £1.4m. Let's call it £1m after paying for extra stewards and policing and what have you.

£1m is a lot to turn down, and Quins/Sarries obviously don't mind grabbing that cash, but for me I would find it pretty painful to play a home match away from WR.
I have no problem with it financially and neither Quins or Sarries fans have to travel much further, it can have a dramatic effect on average attendance though, but it is just a statistic, other than showing what we already know, that TIGERS are by far the best supported team in the country.
mikeeboy89

Post by mikeeboy89 »

wigworth wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:00 pm

Yes they did against Bristol.
Yup - The Showdown, 49,376 in attendance :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

bendy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:13 pm Playing a game of hypotheticals then (and yes I'm already missing the rugby season - it's going to be a long summer....!):

Would we fill them though? We’ve struggled to fill out massive European knockout games,at home and at a neutral stadium. Although Saints and Sarries are different gravy. Both Sarries fans would be able to bring their dogs this time too 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

LCFC expansion plans will only take their capacity to just over 40k! Don’t know anything about 60k capacity?

We still have a reduced capacity on the terrace? god only knows why when Covid-19 has all but settled down, I think we could count on one hand the amount times we have hit the 26K capacity of Welford Road.

I think the days of 15K season ticket holders are long gone because of inflated ticket prices and also TV coverage and Streaming games etc.
I think back and remember having conversation’s with other ST holders and the only reason they had season tickets back in the day was to guarantee you had priority tickets for Semi/Finals.
It will be interesting to see if the team continues to evolve and get on a winning streak like we did in the late 90’s early 00’s, then you might see ST and attendance numbers rise, that just my opinion, I could be very wrong, only time will tell?
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
bendy

Post by bendy »

chappie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:08 pm
LCFC expansion plans will only take their capacity to just over 40k! Don’t know anything about 60k capacity?

Oh yes, just to be clear - I'm playing a "what if" game, not implying that any of this will ever happen.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

bendy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:23 pm
chappie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:08 pm

Oh yes, just to be clear - I'm playing a "what if" game, not implying that any of this will ever happen.
I’m so sorry , my mistake, I really need to read through the posts better, old age I guess?? :smt001
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

markharbtiger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:26 am Not sure if this has been reported on elsewhere, but according to https://rd.premiershiprugby.com/mobile/ ... 2021#18099
we have just had our best year since 2009/10, and what I suspect is our second best year ever (although I have not checked all previous years I know when the stadium was expanded I doubt I need to)
Saras are also a fraction of previous years which is a surprise...I assume due to not being in the top tier of Euro competition?
I think they have counted the final as a home attendance for us.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!