Wasps in the mire - now in administration

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps still in the mire

Post by Scott1 »

Can’t stand The Ricoh,worse ground I’ve ever been too. Terrible atmosphere! Soulless
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Imagine what it would do to Dayglo if they went belly up.... :smt044 :smt044

When they nearly went under before did they pay off all their debts or did they go the Football Club Route?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:18 pm Imagine what it would do to Dayglo if they went belly up.... :smt044 :smt044

When they nearly went under before did they pay off all their debts or did they go the Football Club Route?
And Goodey tbf
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:19 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:18 pm Imagine what it would do to Dayglo if they went belly up.... :smt044 :smt044

And Goodey tbf
He has mentioned that the Andy Goode suite is making a permanent move to Welford Road now. He must see the writing on the corporate hospitality wall.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:58 pm

And Goodey tbf
He has mentioned that the Andy Goode suite is making a permanent move to Welford Road now. He must see the writing on the corporate hospitality wall.
Really I hadn’t seen that. Yes he must have done he makes no secret of his affiliation with Wasps
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:10 pm
wigworth wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:58 pm

And Goodey tbf
Really I hadn’t seen that. Yes he must have done he makes no secret of his affiliation with Wasps
Well to be fair he could cash in doing corporate for about half the teams in the league.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I listened to the Rugby Pod podcast but I really started to dislike Andy Goode who seemed to be quite tabloid, misogynistic and generally a bit of a :censored:. So started finding better things to listen to. I've really little time for the bloke.

As for Wasps. I've no dislike of the coaches and players. Was never sure of the move to Coventry. Don't want to seem them go to the wall but at the same time don't feel an affinity with their set up like I do with most/many of the Prem clubs.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

If Wasps went belly up in Coventry, they'd continue to exist in the lower leagues (relegation or selling premiership shares permitting) and another side would get a crack at making a go of it. They could join Richmond, London Scottish etc.

Personally, I'd want Pirates. There's a proud and deep seated support in Cornwall, which has never had a seat at the top table. I believe Cornwall won the county cup in all 3, mens, Womens and under 20's this year, they deserve better than being a feeder club for Exeter. Jobs? Those lost in Cov would be replaced by jobs created in one of the poorest counties in the country. Add to this, we lose the noisy neighbours, another historic club (remember them?) gets it's city back and Lol goes into meltdown. Like I said, I could live with it
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

loretta wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:30 am If Wasps went belly up in Coventry, they'd continue to exist in the lower leagues (relegation or selling premiership shares permitting) and another side would get a crack at making a go of it. They could join Richmond, London Scottish etc.

Personally, I'd want Pirates. There's a proud and deep seated support in Cornwall, which has never had a seat at the top table. I believe Cornwall won the county cup in all 3, mens, Womens and under 20's this year, they deserve better than being a feeder club for Exeter. Jobs? Those lost in Cov would be replaced by jobs created in one of the poorest counties in the country. Add to this, we lose the noisy neighbours, another historic club (remember them?) gets it's city back and Lol goes into meltdown. Like I said, I could live with it
Get Bedford back in, and get rid of the ‘no tempory stands’ rule. Bath haven’t had to change theirs.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

There is only one real Rugby Club in Coventry and they were at Coundon Road and that's Coventry RFC long may it continue to grow and oust the insects back to London where they might cuckoo a football club for a ground again. :smt013
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://t.co/cons0KwGev

And Wasps have once again delayed paying the 35 million they need to refinance the stadium bonds... 12th August is the new date it appears
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Apparently they've had their loan application from the council turned down. Utter farce - not sure what'll happen if that is the case tbh.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:59 am Apparently they've had their loan application from the council turned down. Utter farce - not sure what'll happen if that is the case tbh.
Some of their bond holders on Twitter say they didn't agree to the extension so are claiming Wasps are in default already...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I hope Wasps don't go under. There's already been a number of Premiership players released this year without clubs, and Wasps going bust would only increase that. You would imagine that the league will drop back to a 12 team league, a re-work of the fixtures and hopefully have rest weeks during the AIs and 6Ns.

Would hit the other 12 clubs in the league too. Thats one less matchday revenue coming in.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TTRITH wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:16 am I hope Wasps don't go under. There's already been a number of Premiership players released this year without clubs, and Wasps going bust would only increase that. You would imagine that the league will drop back to a 12 team league, a re-work of the fixtures and hopefully have rest weeks during the AIs and 6Ns.

Would hit the other 12 clubs in the league too. Thats one less matchday revenue coming in.
It is a fair point but should a company that isn’t financially viable be allowed to continue. I would certainly hope they aren’t given any central funding given all the clubs that are in trouble all the way down the leagues.