Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Heavier music next season

Post by Noggs »

If it ain't broken.......

I love the tradition of 'smoke on the water' and would not want it to go. I am also very glad that we don't play music after every home score and that the PA system is not used to encourage support during the game, unlike the cheats and the insects.

This club has values and long may it be so :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:22 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsy5sJy5_34

Have a listen :smt005
Are you being serious or just having a joke?
Sorry but Its dreadful, in your first post you mentioned Leicester has a large Indian population, but I have not seen more than a few hundred at Tigers.
I agree we need to be inclusive, and not wishing to be called racist, but this music is over the top, the occasional Indian drumming band is enough.
Bye the way have you ever had a car pull up along side you playing this type of music, blasting out, sorry its not for me, i'm more "Country Road" but not necessarily to run out to, SOTW is fine by me.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Living In The Past by the great Jethro Tull would've been apt,until Borths got here! 😉
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Or should that have been living on the past? 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I may get shot down for saying this, but do we really need music blaring from the speakers when the team runs onto the pitch? Wouldn’t the crowds’ cheering suffice?
Semper in excretia
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:09 pm I may get shot down for saying this, but do we really need music blaring from the speakers when the team runs onto the pitch? Wouldn’t the crowds’ cheering suffice?
Smoke on the Water does get the crowd stamping their feet in the Crumbie and clapping (although, as has been pointed out, this is hopelessly out regarding time) and players have long remarked on the effect (positive for us, negative for the away team) of the thunderous noise above their heads. I would leave it well alone.

The PA is, I agree, one of the best. There should be no triumphalism in the announcements of scores etc, just the facts Danno. I find the announcements at other grounds cringeworthy.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:22 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsy5sJy5_34

Have a listen :smt005
You should stop smoking that stuff JG, killed yer taste buds lol.

Try this at least it's a Leicester band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23VdAJuEU1Y
Last edited by tigerburnie on Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'm not cynical just experienced
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

I've said before that I hate "country road" soo so so much I can't express. I would 100% keep "Smoke on the Water" even though the clapping is so badly out of sync, not just with the music but between stands too 🤣 I would even bring back REM "Shiny Happy People". I remember that playing after every home game when I was growing up and we didn't lose a game at home for years. Shouting along as I left the terrace. Good times.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Oh I sooooo love a wind up. And it draws out some interesting comments. WUM WUM WUM (CLAP) etc :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:23 pm Oh I sooooo love a wind up. And it draws out some interesting comments. WUM WUM WUM (CLAP) etc :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
I still think Family would be a suitable alternative.....................................
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.