Parking for Tigers Travel - Prem Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iii

Parking for Tigers Travel - Prem Final

Post by Iii »

We have booked to go to the final with Tigers travel, the instructions say that coaches leave from British Gas.

Can anyone please tell me if there is provision here for all day parking for those of us travelling on the coaches or failing that, any other all day car parking close by. We are coming in from Harborough.

Thanks
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Parking for Tigers Travel - Prem Final

Post by sapajo »

According to the Tigers email announcing the premiership final tickets and coach travel there is all day free parking available at British Gas
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

sapajo wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:19 pm According to the Tigers email announcing the premiership final tickets and coach travel there is all day free parking available at British Gas
But it did not say the parking was free, I cannot believe British Gas would not try to charge but great if the put any charges to a well known cancer charity at this time.
"Supporters’ coaches can be booked with the Tigers ticket office, priced at £35 adults and £25 under-18s. Coaches will depart from British Gas, Aylestone Road, LE2 7QJ where there is also space to park. Book online any time with the Tigers ticket office or phone 0116 319 8888 (option 2). " Quote
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tigers have been using the British Gas car park all season so would guess that it has been contracted for the season - it could well be free.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

There's only a small section of that site which is still used by British Gas. The main contact centre has been vacated during the covid period with all staff moving to the main Spinneyside site at Grove Park. The Academy (down the bottom) and the meeting centre are still used, but that's it I believe.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

The Ticket you get when you book a coach seat states that the parking at British Gas is free. That said as the number of coaches has now almost doubled since I bought our tickets I do now wonder just how this car free car parking can now be guaranteed given the huge numbers :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Iii

Post by Iii »

So, back to my original question (things have moved on with more coaches and parking now on a first come first served basis), if we cannot park at British Gas can anyone recommend any alternative all-day parking close by?
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Suggest parking on Freeman’s Common industrial estate and walking down to British Gas site. It’s only a few minutes walk
The Cat