Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mightymouse wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:44 am We love a family dynasty at Tigers and it was noted that at the end of Saturday’s match that as well as Chessum Junior running onto the pitch with the rest of the academy… a very much younger red headed laddie escaped the clutches of security from the East stand and joined those whom I assume are his elder brothers in the antics on tbe field!
I hope he is being fed what ever diet tbe other two have been on and is having the same rugby education!! If so we may have another budding second row coming through in six or seven years time!
There was a post just about the 6N time how not long after his debut both him and Lewis went down to watch their little brother's age group game, think it was like U13s?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Davies has now been cited, so should have been red! Pleased in the end it wasn't so the detractors had nothing to get their teeth into!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:59 am Davies has now been cited, so should have been red! Pleased in the end it wasn't so the detractors had nothing to get their teeth into!
It was a red all day long but Wayne seemed to want to mitigate it down. I do wonder if there had been another ref with a less dominant demeanour the rest of his team would have felt more comfortable in talking him round.
This used to happen with Nigel.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

If adjudged guilty any punishment handed out must be served during next season and not an out of season fudge.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:13 am If adjudged guilty any punishment handed out must be served during next season and not an out of season fudge.
Any bans are applied to when it is expected that the player will be available for selection for the next club match. In this case, it will be any pre-season games I would expect.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:19 am
sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:13 am If adjudged guilty any punishment handed out must be served during next season and not an out of season fudge.
Any bans are applied to when it is expected that the player will be available for selection for the next club match. In this case, it will be any pre-season games I would expect.
Was it Murphy who received a ban at the end of the season? I’m sure that included pre season games
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Might as well not bother with the citing as the punishment has no consequences for the offender.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:36 am
Might as well not bother with the citing as the punishment has no consequences for the offender.
Although any future indiscretions will note the ban for this, so biscuits may not work :smt044
Voyager1
Tiger Cub

Post by Voyager1 »

It just highlights the ridiculous decision by Barnes not to red card Davies. Barnes got it completely wrong as did Foley the TMO who never really offered his advice on the clearly illegal challenge.

Mr Barnes should now be questioned by the RFU as to why he read the incident incorrectly

Again his reputation has been tainted by this incident. Throughout his career he has made a plethora of baffling decisions at both club and international levels.

Will the RFU question Barnes, No of course they won’t, referees have acquired an unwritten immunity to investigation, which gives them free reign to act with impunity.
What noise annoys an oyster
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Imagine of that cost us the game though?! A terrible decision at the time,and another one that “favoured” Sarries 😉
In comparison look how OKeefe dealt with the head incidents earlier on in the day ,he was on a different level!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Voyager1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:23 pm It just highlights the ridiculous decision by Barnes not to red card Davies. Barnes got it completely wrong as did Foley the TMO who never really offered his advice on the clearly illegal challenge.

Mr Barnes should now be questioned by the RFU as to why he read the incident incorrectly

Again his reputation has been tainted by this incident. Throughout his career he has made a plethora of baffling decisions at both club and international levels.

Will the RFU question Barnes, No of course they won’t, referees have acquired an unwritten immunity to investigation, which gives them free reign to act with impunity.
1. Referees are only human and they operate under a lot of pressure. They will make mistakes, Barnes makes very few.

2. I believe all games are reviewed with the officials as part of an ongoing process to improve standards. This will be done with the refereeing body and not the RFU though.
Last edited by sam16111986 on Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Not saying red or yellow, but decisions are very subjective and not everyone agrees with the final outcome. Barnes went through both scenarios and made a decision, right or wrong. One player has now been cited by the Citing Officer who thought it justified more than a yellow. It is now down to the Disciplinary Hearing to decide the punishment.
The match will have been reviewed on Monday with the Match Officials as part of the learning and development. Not sure what punitive measures are expected for the Match Officials - a very difficult job and put under severe pressure at times.
Anyone up for a becoming a Ref?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Basically the ref and team felt it was a yellow.

Citing officer thinks it's a red.

There is a full hearing to decide if it was or not. Just because he's been cited does not mean he will be banned, just that there will be a hearing to determine the truth.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What got me though was Barnes saying Scott’s was exactly the same as Davies,it wasn’t! And refs havnt got a Harry Potter invisibility cloak,they are fair game if they make the wrong decisions,if I make the wrong decision at work someone could get killed or seriously injured!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm What got me though was Barnes saying Scott’s was exactly the same as Davies,it wasn’t! And refs havnt got a Harry Potter invisibility cloak,they are fair game if they make the wrong decisions,if I make the wrong decision at work someone could get killed or seriously injured!
I think Barnes felt that Scott's wasn't as bad as Davies's so wanted to stop any suggestion of higher sanction. By saying he viewed them as the same straight out the gate he made it very difficult for TMO or other official to make a case for a red card.