Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but Davies is facing a ban after admitting a charge of dangerous tackling in Saturday's Premiership final loss. Not that it really matters to us now but perhaps shows that as we all thought red was the right call
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:22 pm Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but Davies is facing a ban after admitting a charge of dangerous tackling in Saturday's Premiership final loss. Not that it really matters to us now but perhaps shows that as we all thought red was the right call
Well ,most of us did! Strangely those that thought it wasn't thought Porters was 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Refs, like players, make mistakes.
When that ref is one of the best it is hard for the other officials to challenge him.

Should they have challenged him? Probably but hard to do so.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

But we won and as we scored 12 points whilst he was off then we can, probably wrongly, say we’d have won by a few points more if for the rest of the game we’d have been playing against 14!
Barnes had an excellent game even though Steward might have knocked on before Freddie kicked the ball out to seal the win!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:27 pm Barnes had an excellent game even though Steward might have knocked on before Freddie kicked the ball out to seal the win!
Yeah but a knock on with the clock red is still game over...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

A week has passed since we became Champions and I’ve started to come down to a normal level again after being on such a high.

What. A. Win
What. A. Season
What. A. Team
What. A. Club
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:53 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:27 pm Barnes had an excellent game even though Steward might have knocked on before Freddie kicked the ball out to seal the win!
But, IIRC, it was caught by us in front of Steward. So, penalty and game continues. Having said that, it’s only a “might”. 2 Sarries players were going for it as well as Freddy, and with no close ups it’s only a guess. But I do think that in the build up to the drop goal, Ladygaga lost control of the ball in a ruck and it squirted out forwards before we regathered. Overall I could point to mistakes by officials which went both ways, but they’re only human and we won!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

loretta wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:46 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:53 pm
But, IIRC, it was caught by us in front of Steward. So, penalty and game continues. Having said that, it’s only a “might”. 2 Sarries players were going for it as well as Freddy, and with no close ups it’s only a guess. But I do think that in the build up to the drop goal, Ladygaga lost control of the ball in a ruck and it squirted out forwards before we regathered. Overall I could point to mistakes by officials which went both ways, but they’re only human and we won!
Barnes and the assistant were both pretty close to the aerial duel off the last kick off. Good view, nothing clear cut so play on. There was a breakdown after it so TMO had chance to review quickly as well. Always hard to tell from that particular TV angle.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I do chuckle at that “only human” line. Like we should feel sorry for Wayne for getting an absolute howler wrong when he’s got umpteen replays with loads of different angles!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

mol2 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:10 pm Refs, like players, make mistakes.
When that ref is one of the best it is hard for the other officials to challenge him.

Agreed. Barnes is the best ref in the Premiership by some margin for me but everyone makes mistakes. Was a red for me but hey ho, it’s been picked up now and Davies has been cited
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:44 am

Agreed. Barnes is the best ref in the Premiership by some margin for me but everyone makes mistakes. Was a red for me but hey ho, it’s been picked up now and Davies has been cited
Does anyone know when the hearing is? They've normally happened by now, though guess if people are away on holiday there's no need for it to happen till everyone is back, at a guess, 6 game ban, 50% mitigation plus possibility of a course making it 2?

Highly likely to be back before the end of preseason
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:26 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:44 am

Does anyone know when the hearing is? They've normally happened by now, though guess if people are away on holiday there's no need for it to happen till everyone is back, at a guess, 6 game ban, 50% mitigation plus possibility of a course making it 2?

Highly likely to be back before the end of preseason
The date for Davies’ hearing is still to be confirmed.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Davies banned for 3 weeks.
Key line from citing commissioner's report: “I do not accept that the dominance of the ball-carrier in falling forward post the collision to be a reason for this to suggest a low degree of danger.”
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:13 pm Davies banned for 3 weeks.
Key line from citing commissioner's report: “I do not accept that the dominance of the ball-carrier in falling forward post the collision to be a reason for this to suggest a low degree of danger.”
Was that their defence?! Hahahaha 🤦
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:14 pm
fentiger wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:13 pm Davies banned for 3 weeks.
Was that their defence?! Hahahaha 🤦
I think it featured in the discussion between ref and TMO?