Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:24 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm What got me though was Barnes saying Scott’s was exactly the same as Davies,it wasn’t! And refs havnt got a Harry Potter invisibility cloak,they are fair game if they make the wrong decisions,if I make the wrong decision at work someone could get killed or seriously injured!
I think Barnes felt that Scott's wasn't as bad as Davies's so wanted to stop any suggestion of higher sanction. By saying he viewed them as the same straight out the gate he made it very difficult for TMO or other official to make a case for a red card.
That's says to me then that he realised he had got Davies decision wrong if you look at it like that
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm What got me though was Barnes saying Scott’s was exactly the same as Davies,it wasn’t! And refs havnt got a Harry Potter invisibility cloak,they are fair game if they make the wrong decisions,if I make the wrong decision at work someone could get killed or seriously injured!
I refer the honourable gentleman to the comment made by my father at the time 🤣🤣
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Big Dai wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:14 pm
I refer the honourable gentleman to the comment made by my father at the time 🤣🤣
Yes saw that one! Classic 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:33 pm
I think Barnes felt that Scott's wasn't as bad as Davies's so wanted to stop any suggestion of higher sanction. By saying he viewed them as the same straight out the gate he made it very difficult for TMO or other official to make a case for a red card.
That's says to me then that he realised he had got Davies decision wrong if you look at it like that
Not necessarily. I mean he might have seen the Davies one at half time and thought that he'd been lenient but just like anyone watching the game he'd have immediately compared the two incidents in his mind. Scott's doesn't look as bad as Davies so Barnes first reaction probably was well didn't red Davies can't red Scott. I'd say that was a fairly natural viewpoint.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

would you kindly remind the group what that was?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:27 pm

Not necessarily. I mean he might have seen the Davies one at half time and thought that he'd been lenient but just like anyone watching the game he'd have immediately compared the two incidents in his mind. Scott's doesn't look as bad as Davies so Barnes first reaction probably was well didn't red Davies can't red Scott. I'd say that was a fairly natural viewpoint.
Good point,but If that was the case then there's a shout for penalty only too. Which i would've agreed with,passive tackle,other players around the tackle area and player is falling into him too. I can just about see a yellow there but he got the Davies one badly wrong
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:36 pm
Red....if he'd have been any higher he would have missed him
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:55 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:36 pm
Red....if he'd have been any higher he would have missed him
ah yes thank you
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... ip-7238973

Interesting article on how Burns went down and up again in Borthwick's stock, plus some explanations on selection at certain points in the season.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:27 pm
Good point,but If that was the case then there's a shout for penalty only too. Which i would've agreed with,passive tackle,other players around the tackle area and player is falling into him too. I can just about see a yellow there but he got the Davies one badly wrong
Considering he knocked out Billy V I think it was always likely to be a card.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:52 pm Not saying red or yellow, but decisions are very subjective and not everyone agrees with the final outcome. Barnes went through both scenarios and made a decision, right or wrong. One player has now been cited by the Citing Officer who thought it justified more than a yellow. It is now down to the Disciplinary Hearing to decide the punishment.
The match will have been reviewed on Monday with the Match Officials as part of the learning and development. Not sure what punitive measures are expected for the Match Officials - a very difficult job and put under severe pressure at times.
Anyone up for a becoming a Ref?
Thank you for bringing common sense to the table. Doubt it will satisfy those who want to see referees in the stocks every time they make a decision that goes against their team - but worth a try, perhaps!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The Good the Bad and the rugby podcast is a must if you can get it. Freddie Burns and Wigglesworth on there. Superb. Great insight into the tactics for the game, how they took a move from elsewhere for the Wiese try. We all knew it but it really brings home the hard work that has gone into making this a club effort, from the playing staff all the way down. Burns still “on it” by the sounds of it but genuine love for all the squad and coaching staff.
YoWaGoWan
Tiger Cub

Post by YoWaGoWan »

chris111 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:52 pm Not saying red or yellow, but decisions are very subjective and not everyone agrees with the final outcome. Barnes went through both scenarios and made a decision, right or wrong. One player has now been cited by the Citing Officer who thought it justified more than a yellow. It is now down to the Disciplinary Hearing to decide the punishment.
The match will have been reviewed on Monday with the Match Officials as part of the learning and development. Not sure what punitive measures are expected for the Match Officials - a very difficult job and put under severe pressure at times.
Thank you for bringing common sense to the table. Doubt it will satisfy those who want to see referees in the stocks every time they make a decision that goes against their team - but worth a try, perhaps!
Austin Healey is the worst exponent at questioning officials decisions,it's a shame that BT give him the platform to set such a bad example to "any kids that might be watching".
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chris111 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 am
"Make a decision that was wrong"
Fixed it for ya 👍