Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Chobbsy »

I have been EXTREMELY fortunate to have work event days for the RFU for the last 25 years so I have seen many great games and finals, I work at Welford Road for many years and have seen us lift the trophy there so many times.

I have to say NOTHING compared to Saturday, the crowd the atmosphere everything standing in front of the tunnel amongst the teams almost brought me to tears

I like many Tigers fans went through the success years when everyone hated Tigers and supported their own team and anyone who was playing Tigers

I could not believe on Saturday that everyone I spoke to who was not a Tigers or Sarries fan was supporting us...... oh how things have changed

What a day, what a crowd, what a team and what a WIN !!!!
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

It's all about next week. Until there is no next week.

Imagegif upload site
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:08 pm It's all about next week. Until there is no next week.

Imagegif upload site
He ain’t taking the England job!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:10 pm
CrumblingTerrace wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:08 pm It's all about next week. Until there is no next week.

Imagegif upload site
I agree. He turned down the Lions to focus on the matter at hand - improving Tigers fortunes. I cannot see him being satisfied with winning one title as a HC. Winning multiple Premiership titles and European Cups - then he will see it as mission accomplished.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:54 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:10 pm

Imagegif upload site
I agree. He turned down the Lions to focus on the matter at hand - improving Tigers fortunes. I cannot see him being satisfied with winning one title as a HC. Winning multiple Premiership titles and European Cups - then he will see it as mission accomplished.
Yes,he will want to make us the dominant force at home and in Europe. I believe that when he’s done that or he believes he can’t do that,then he will go.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

For those that haven’t seen it, Genge’s post match interview is absolutely class:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/he-isnt- ... leicester/
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

What a tremendous win. All the players, coaches and wider staff have put alot of effort in to achieve such a marvellous end to the season. I think I can say to SB, in response to his standard mantra, yes you have put in a performance that the supporters can be proud of.

I have to admit here, I always struggle to watch Tigers on TV, especially in big games. I am fine at WR and maybe it is something about shouting all the tension out at a live game. But when on TV I have to go out and on Saturday I popped into Bakewell to a coffee shop, but kept an eye on the score. When we got back we switched the TV on and Sarries promptly equalised......so I went out again to put line on my fishing reel leaving my wife to watch. I checked in again just as Freddie dropped the goal so ran in and watched the last 10 seconds......and what a sweet 10 seconds. I know it is pathetic, so I have made a resolution to change, have more faith, and just scream and shout at the TV as if it was WR.
As Good As It Gets
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:39 pm What a tremendous win. All the players, coaches and wider staff have put alot of effort in to achieve such a marvellous end to the season. I think I can say to SB, in response to his standard mantra, yes you have put in a performance that the supporters can be proud of.

I have to admit here, I always struggle to watch Tigers on TV, especially in big games. I am fine at WR and maybe it is something about shouting all the tension out at a live game. But when on TV I have to go out and on Saturday I popped into Bakewell to a coffee shop, but kept an eye on the score. When we got back we switched the TV on and Sarries promptly equalised......so I went out again to put line on my fishing reel leaving my wife to watch. I checked in again just as Freddie dropped the goal so ran in and watched the last 10 seconds......and what a sweet 10 seconds. I know it is pathetic, so I have made a resolution to change, have more faith, and just scream and shout at the TV as if it was WR.
I've always worked on the basis that if I shout loud enough, the ref will hear me. Even on the telly!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

loretta wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:48 pm
Scuttle wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:39 pm What a tremendous win. All the players, coaches and wider staff have put alot of effort in to achieve such a marvellous end to the season. I think I can say to SB, in response to his standard mantra, yes you have put in a performance that the supporters can be proud of.

I've always worked on the basis that if I shout loud enough, the ref will hear me. Even on the telly!
Dad never says a word during games but on Saturday followed your lead. He's too frail to attend now.....but madly fanatical.

On the Davies card he exploded

"Red....if he'd have been any higher he would have missed him!"

Love a good shout!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Gold that is 🤣
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:07 pm

Dad never says a word during games but on Saturday followed your lead. He's too frail to attend now.....but madly fanatical.

Love a good shout!
😂 tell your dad I’m nicking that line for future heckling!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:19 pm
Big Dai wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:07 pm

Love a good shout!
😂 tell your dad I’m nicking that line for future heckling!
Yeah I've made a mental note of that one as well. :smt005
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:36 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:11 pmHow lovely that TW was presented with the trophy, and how appropriate this was.

:smt017
:smt005 Oh dear, of course I meant TY. :smt011
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

I’ve just watched the game again. Partly to hear the commentary.

Magnificent performance from the team but a few observations to counter some of the comments there have been against Saracens:

Isikwe (sp?) had a good game out shone his fellow lock.
Billy was immense and fully deserves his recall.
Thought Owen was magnanimous with his comments.

Do I really have to wait 3 months to be back on the terrace?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I've just rewatched, this time using PRTV with the BT comms, not the ITV I watched live, was interesting to see the subtly different takes on things (plus how wildly different one ex Wasps and England 8 read the game to all the others)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.