Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by loretta »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:29 pm
Rizzo wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:47 pm Hello everyone, I had to pop back and post after yesterday's fab result and excitement, so very proud of our lads and the backroom team, everyone really! Had a few moments middle of second half where I thought I'd jinxed them again by hanging up my flag and so on, but what a last few minutes and what a result! If I was physically able to jump up and down, I would have done!

Congratulations to our team :)

(and my Bristol-supporting mate was cheering for us yesterday too. )
Lovely to hear from you again Rizzo. You've been missed. :smt001
Ditto
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Watched it all over again this afternoon, and a few observations.

Dallaglio, what a sourpuss, anti-tigers dick he is. Must be a mate of Stephen Jones. Really struggled to find a good word to say about us. Especially when he said he was happy that Healey would stop harping back to Tiger's glory days. Pot-Kettle!!!

Barnes et al missed a few things that would have favoured us, e.g. Isekwe holding Ashton back so he couldn't compete for the kick chase. But he also missed other stuff, e.g. a knock on at the ruck in the build up to Burns' drop goal. So, on balance, as a winner, I can take it.

Wasn't Potter good?! So much pressure put on Billy V's catch! Sarries got virtually no go forward from that, and that cannot be over-emphasised.

Burns was such class, not just the drop goal but all round. Didn't really miss Ford, and that's saying a mouthful.

We will certainly miss Genge. A Johno of the present day. Irreplaceable, but we'll manage. We won't find another, but we'll adapt. IBWT.

So many other good things to say about everyone else. Chessum, Porter, Weise, Hanro, it goes on. Hard to think of anyone who didn't front up, to be honest.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

bakerman wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:40 pm Well done Freddy. Go for it.🤗🤣

https://twitter.com/RugbyPass/status/15 ... Zb5LQ&s=08
I love Freddie.. so glad he got to step up and what a moment it was.. look forward to more of the same in the coming seasons.. such a top bloke
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

This is a good watch for those that haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upMeU126b8U
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

A lovely capture from yesterday Tiger images go to Twickenham

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 37isFYtmkR
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

It was obviously an excellent day out on Saturday and Twickenham looked pretty near a full house although I haven't seen any published figure and I wondered whether anyone seen the official figure?
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

72,000 or so according to the stadium scoreboard. There were a few gaps but not too many. There were a few Sarries fans too, but not too many
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Jacko27 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:45 pm It was obviously an excellent day out on Saturday and Twickenham looked pretty near a full house although I haven't seen any published figure and I wondered whether anyone seen the official figure?
Can't find official figures yet but sure I heard ITV4 commentary say a bit over 72k, could be wrong
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

Good evening to all the posters. On behalf of us all, all those there yesterday and everyone who has walked through the doors at WR this season, to all the players, coaches and staff "Thank You So Much." An epic season, that is unlikely ever to happen again. Could not be prouder of my club, than I am now. Brilliant day from start to finish. Spent that day with Rich (been sat next to him for 15 years), and we were elated. Huge respect to OTY and YBY, for everything they have been through. Respect to EG for making sure OTY was with him to collect the trophy. Tough on GF on the day, but he has been pivotal all season. Best wishes to all those leaving. Thanks lads, you will always be welcome back. To FB, I heard that King Kong wants his conkers back. Blimey lad, well done. I nearly cried. Hopefully, when we are pre-season, the club opens the stadium to the fans to see the trophy and the players??
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I couldn’t sleep on Friday with anxiety
I can’t sleep now for euphoria
:censored: brilliant
Tigers Family feels real …please let’s try and keep it this way ?
All of us
Arise Sir Freddie B
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Snowdrop wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:59 pm An epic season, that is unlikely ever to happen again.
Only thing I can disagree with there :smt003 :smt003

That said it was kind of unique.

Back in the day there was an expectation. Not only was there limited expectation at the start of the season but even in the Final Saracens were strong favourites.

And there were all the story lines with the players: Tom Youngs, Burns, Genge, Fordy, the youngsters, Aussies Potter and Porter - even down to the likes of Wells and Green. And of course the coaching staff and Andrea Pinchen.

But to take it back to the top, this does feel a bit like a beginning... and so much more to come.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Totally agree 👍
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Gengey receiving racial abuse on social media following the final. Lowlifes
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Freddie B has now surpassed Legend status, such as Johnno and Stimmo, Leon L , Castro etc he is now in the Deano category of Cult Hero!!

I think we need to start a campaign to scrap the Tiger statue and replace it with Freddie in drop goal pose .. one sock down .. and next to him the trophy with a Maccies box stuffed in the top .. all cast in bronze
Then on the 18th of June every year there could be a special ceremony where we worship it and chant Freddeee Freddeee Freddeee Freddeee
Never mind Arise Sir Freddie what do you have to get a Lordship round here?
Surely Soulsby could sort out Freedom of the city at least and let him drive sheep down Gallowtree Gate or whatever that allows 😇😇😇