Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Offside »

Looking at the replay.Bill Vunipola had a good game but Potter nullified him by his work rate at the kick chase. Billy caught the ball but Harry drove him back several times. Callum Green was a link man in turnover ball several times too. Moroni scrapped for everything too. I could say similar about every player. Superb team performance. Sarries tried very hard but were on the back foot most of the time.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Offside wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:31 pm Looking at the replay.Bill Vunipola had a good game but Potter nullified him by his work rate at the kick chase. Billy caught the ball but Harry drove him back several times. Callum Green was a link man in turnover ball several times too. Moroni scrapped for everything too. I could say similar about every player. Superb team performance. Sarries tried very hard but were on the back foot most of the time.
Billy V certainly best performer on the Sarries side…too many others below par, it seemed. For now, evidence is that Tigers are better at playing the Saracens Way than they are 😏
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Fantastic, the whole club deserve credit for that :smt023

Was Itoje playing today :smt003
Pmvl
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Pmvl »

Still in London celebrating, I personally think we should thank all the coaching team, the full squad & all the back room staff, the turn around in this short time is immense, but it’s been a big shift from all involved. Also the support today was immense something most clubs would love. What a way to end the season.
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

Amazing Tigers, you have just converted two of my oldest agnostic rugby fan mates to support you. Thought man of the match was Kevin Sinfield today, wow what a defensive performance. OTY I cried today, my daughter is also called Maisie. Can’t help but help but feel that Ellis has gone too early. Think we are going to miss him massively. SB please don’t get your head turned by the England job, you will regret it.

Thankyou to the 70% of twickenham crowd today, just shows what an amazing club we support.
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Seeing SB welling up at the end. He could hardly talk at times in the post match interview. What a guy. What a coaching team. Take a bow.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

It was not a dream!!!! We are back at the top... Not gonna lie I'm shattered barely slept, thank goodness it's fathers day so I may cash in that somewhat today!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Woke up with a jolt at 03:00...........

Nightmare!

Freddie missed the kick!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Sadly I was unable to be in London. But I think I am still in shock at the result, and the manner of the result. I re-watched the game from end-to-end, and the level of effort across the team was off the chart: Steward, WW, Chessum, Reffell, Wiese, Genge...the list goes on. And of course Mr Freddie Burns. I have admitted previously in this forum serious doubt when Freddie was re-hired, but he was simply superb yesterday, grasped his opportunity 100% and for once I agree with Stuart Barnes in the Times, that having the guts to go for the drop, and then succeeding, was simply fantastic. That moment will become, rightly, one of the greatest in our club's history. What was also pleasing to see in the post match interviews, was SB was actually smiling! So pleased for the team, and last but not least, pleased to see Tom Youngs enjoying the win: for him some brightness and joy at a difficult time.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Incredible performance and nullified Sarries for 70mins but left some points out there that left the last 10 nerve wracking!

Some monumental performances throughout the 23 - IMO it could well be the day Chessum came of age.

If you want a laugh read Sarries chief cheerleader’s match report in the Times - quite the take.

Gonna enjoy watching the game over and over again and get excited to see what the summer brings and how we adapt next season without Ellis & George.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Fair play to the Sarries fans. Some nice comments on their forum (yes there are the usual dislikers and some negative comments but in general some fairly humble stuff):

“Disappointed yes, but can't complain. Game could've gone either way. There were a few times I thought Tigers would kill it off but defense was heroic. Ultimately better team on the day won. Best 2 teams in the league and it was close. Anyway Congrats to Tigers on this day they deserved it”

“ Was always going to be a cagey affair which suited Leicester more than us. They defended fantastically as did we at times. Fair play to Leicester who thoroughly deserved it on the day”

“ It was amazing to see our own tactics deployed against us!!! But fair play to Tigers and congrats on the win and well deserved. Had a feeling Borthwick would come back and haunt us, credit due for turning that team around”

“ Well played Tigers; out Saracened us”
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:34 am
If you want a laugh read Sarries chief cheerleader’s match report in the Times - quite the take.
I did. I have forgotten it instantly. I would recommend Robert Kitson's report for the Guardian
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

markharbtiger wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:42 am
DeadlyDunc wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:34 am
I did. I have forgotten it instantly. I would recommend Robert Kitson's report for the Guardian
100% - Michael Aylwins piece is good too
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Had forgotten it was Father’s Day until daughter rang!

Day to be spent thus

Walk dog.
Lunch
Rewatch entire BT coverage, this time I should be able to relax and enjoy it!
Pub
Dinner
Wine
Bed

Bliss….
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

loretta wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:17 am Had forgotten it was Father’s Day until daughter rang!

Day to be spent thus

Walk dog.
Lunch
Rewatch entire BT coverage, this time I should be able to relax and enjoy it!
Pub
Dinner
Wine
Bed

Bliss….
:smt023