Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Chobbsy »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:03 pm Didn't see Wigg starting. Ok with it though. Good selection elsewhere. Shame for JVP, but he should have many more finals to come.
I feel we will be done in the centres
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Happy with that squad, more than capable and as has been said, the Sarries bench isn't what it used to be before they were caught out.
COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Getting to the final was a magnificent achievement. We are building, Sarries are trading on their previous. May be a season too soon for us, but........
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

In this heat I expect all 23 to play a significant part.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

For all of those who are going to Twickenham, have a great day out......the weather looks dry in the south for tomorrow. Enjoy the occasion and whatever the result, be proud of what the team, coaches and backroom staff have achieved this season
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Like the 23,get the WW pick. Only change I would’ve made is swap Porter and Scott.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:12 pm For all of those who are going to Twickenham, have a great day out......the weather looks dry in the south for tomorrow. Enjoy the occasion and whatever the result, be proud of what the team, coaches and backroom staff have achieved this season
Great post.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:36 pm
GB72 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:27 pm Part of me has the suspicion that Nadolo will be announced as a leaver at the end of the season with an early release agreed (may involve a payout). I appreciate that he may be good around the club and great with the fans but we have reinforcements coming for the winger position and if he is only worth a few minutes play over the 2 biggest matches of the season then maybe his time at the club has run its course.

Would be sad to see him off but that is how it looks to me.
Totally agree with this, I feel he may well be announced as a summer leaver, wasn’t a great fan of him staying for a few months.
Totally unfounded and unsupported conspiracy theory but could the delay in accouncing those leaving be due to trying to negotiate Nadolo departing to allow the funds for Moroni to stay.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:29 pm
GB72 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:27 pm Part of me has the suspicion that Nadolo will be announced as a leaver at the end of the season with an early release agreed (may involve a payout). I appreciate that he may be good around the club and great with the fans but we have reinforcements coming for the winger position and if he is only worth a few minutes play over the 2 biggest matches of the season then maybe his time at the club has run its course.

Totally agree with this, I feel he may well be announced as a summer leaver, wasn’t a great fan of him staying for a few months.
Totally unfounded and unsupported conspiracy theory but could the delay in accouncing those leaving be due to trying to negotiate Nadolo departing to allow the funds for Moroni to stay.
I mean he has just got a new oil drum bbq/smoker, which he was very happy with, but you could well be correct about last minute negotiations
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

It's almost like SB listened to the BBC RL show, and did something completely different. :smt003
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’m just happy to be going to Twickenham again: not missed a final apart from Gloucester in The John Player Cup( was playing that day).

We can win but it will take an incredible performance.

I’m hoping the players can take the final as a time to just give it all we’ve got, no pressure from the fans or club as we won the league, leading from round 1 which has never been done before and it’s a record that even the mighty Sarries( press don’t give us a chance) cannot beat. CHAMPIONS.

A lot of fans around us at Welford Road aren’t going so I’m not sure what our turn out will be like!

Oh yes, to beat Saints 3 times this season was beyond our wildest dreams!

Now I’m saving the voice to be LOUD and so very proud.
Thanks Fordy and Genge for you fantastic commitment this season (and others).
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:50 pm Just to make it clear, I have not turned on Nadolo, I have loved him but I just used my eyes, he looked as though he could hardly walk let alone run, I still believe his involvement last week was only just a fraction over 4 mins, and the passes were made in or about 10 metres although it might have been 22.
I will look at my recording tomorrow and apologise if I am wrong.

We will need a fully fit back line who can cover tackle all over the pitch as Sarries have seriously quick wingers and Farrell can also bomb kick

We need Potter, Porter, Moroni/Scott, Ashton and Steward, all guys who can get across pitch a bit quick. I would have Scott on the bench, with JVP and Burns, can't start with 2 fly halves.
I dont think I have to apologise, these are the facts.
Nadolo came on the pitch at 75.38, that gave him 4.22 of play, in that time he touched ball twice, 1st time he was approx 26/27 metres out and made approx 3 mtrs, 2nd touch was a pick and drive from 3 mts, he made approx 1.5 mtrs.
He was slightly more mobile than I said but Borthwick clearly agrees with my backline selection of Potter, Porter,Moroni, Ashton and Steward.

I was a bit surprised by selection of WW but I can see why, again he made same selection off Burns and Scott, I expected Youngs to start.
Sadly I wont be there, after following them to Clermont etc, but will be cheering them on, sitting standing jumping up and down by the TV. COYT you have a tough job to do, hope we can do it.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Oh how I wish Nadolo would agree to this so we could keep Moroni.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

LE18 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Oh how I wish Nandolo would agree to this so we could keep Moroni.
I completely agree. Moroni is in a class of his own sometimes. One of the most skillful backs we have. If he goes, we really will miss him, IMHO, more so than we would Nadolo next season.

I am very surprised to see WW starting. On the larger pitch, the pace of JVP could have been needed in the later stages, but YBY is no slouch.

COYT!!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Let’s be careful we don’t start to run with this narrative and give them any more ammunition. Nadolo and Moroni might not have any link whatsoever!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer