Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Rugbygramps »

ads wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:51 am This game worries me for a few reasons:
We've been top of the league all season so I really don't want to fall now.
We haven't been playing our best recently but other teams have deffinitely picked up over the course of the season and/or playing better as the weather gets better and we've still been beating good sides.
Playing at Twickenham always bothers me as I always (rightly or wrongly) assume we'll be caught out due to the extra width of the pitch.
We lost to Sarries at their place and it was VERY close at WR.

But......the one thing I think we have in the bag, apart from being the best team over the course of the season, is that Borthwicks previous team selections doesn't really give them anything. We've played so many different teams that anyone can slot in whenever picked. I though his selections against Sarries during the season were a bit strange, and I privately questioned his motives, but like a few others I now think he may have been playing a long game. IBWT!

I'm gutted I can't go, but as I've been to about 5 finals (euro and prem) and never seen Tigers win at Twickenham* You'll all be pleased that I'm not going to be there!!

COYT

*I did see them beat Munster in Cardiff!
I totally understand your feelings but as big a disappointment as a loss would be as a whole this season has been an outstanding success, and a one off game against a very good side shouldn’t disguise that.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:59 pm start him on the wing and every set piece send him down Farrell's channel
It’s going to be 18/19 degrees and raining at WR tomorrow. At HQ it will be 24/25 with little air movement. Nemzi is a BIG guy, and however fit, he will wilt.
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Does anyone know if a Tigers RefLink device will work at Twickenham?

(It's been a long 9 years...)
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:07 pm Not sure if it's been discussed already but looks like Farrell got away with a punch to the face vs Quins on top of the potential other red card they should have had.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... n=exchange
Just in time?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-24242553
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

TomWeston wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:07 pm Not sure if it's been discussed already but looks like Farrell got away with a punch to the face vs Quins on top of the potential other red card they should have had.

Just in time?

Giving Kitty and Hodnett extra power must be seen as a bad thing, surely? I am personally of the opinion that sir should have the final say.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Pellsey wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:04 am
TomWeston wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:35 am

Just in time?

Giving Kitty and Hodnett extra power must be seen as a bad thing, surely? I am personally of the opinion that sir should have the final say.
I agree, I really don't like when TMOs butt in unprompted from the ref.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

If TMO wants to ref the game get your shorts on and grab a whistle
I'm not cynical just experienced
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:17 am I totally understand your feelings but as big a disappointment as a loss would be as a whole this season has been an outstanding success, and a one off game against a very good side shouldn’t disguise that.
:smt023 Definitely.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:24 am Anybody getting fed up with the media love-in with Sarries? Apparently they only have to turn up on Saturday, cheating past that still holds, ignored.
The Times today with a large article about just how wonderful Sarries are and a piece from Barnes saying if Tigers win SB should be the next England coach. :smt012

(I only take the rag for the crossword)
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

TheCat wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:24 pm Right……Got my ticket to display the bar code on my iPhone so nearly there for my 1st Twickenham match. Couple of questions from an old dinosaur. Am I right in thinking entry to the stadium is by bar code via the app only,?I’d rather have a piece of paper in my hand !! For anyone without an iPhone or whose phone dies on the day (god forbid) how do you gain entry to the stadium?
Best of luck to all those travelling, have a safe journey, here’s hoping for a great day and the right result.
The Cat
At Download over the weekend a friend's code on the phone didn't work. He was directed to a ticket office where he had to show proof of payment (email), have the CC he paid with and id. Was then given a means to get in. I would imagine Twickenham would have a similar procedure. Obviously if it's close to kick off this may cause you to miss some action.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

ads wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:51 am This game worries me for a few reasons:
We've been top of the league all season so I really don't want to fall now.
We haven't been playing our best recently but other teams have deffinitely picked up over the course of the season and/or playing better as the weather gets better and we've still been beating good sides.
Playing at Twickenham always bothers me as I always (rightly or wrongly) assume we'll be caught out due to the extra width of the pitch.
We lost to Sarries at their place and it was VERY close at WR.
There are always going to be things to worry about in a Final.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Betting odds (via oddschecker):

Saracens 1/2
Tigers 9/4

On the handicaps Sarries are generally 5 to 6 points favourites.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ourla wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:00 am
TheCat wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:24 pm Right……Got my ticket to display the bar code on my iPhone so nearly there for my 1st Twickenham match. Couple of questions from an old dinosaur. Am I right in thinking entry to the stadium is by bar code via the app only,?I’d rather have a piece of paper in my hand !! For anyone without an iPhone or whose phone dies on the day (god forbid) how do you gain entry to the stadium?
Best of luck to all those travelling, have a safe journey, here’s hoping for a great day and the right result.
The Cat
At Download over the weekend a friend's code on the phone didn't work. He was directed to a ticket office where he had to show proof of payment (email), have the CC he paid with and id. Was then given a means to get in. I would imagine Twickenham would have a similar procedure. Obviously if it's close to kick off this may cause you to miss some action.
Cat go in via gate A, if there is a problem, there is a ticket resolution point right next to the gate, so you don't have to go back to the ticket office
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Just been reading Prem Rugby’s preview of the final, referring to the record of successes of each side. Personally I think all Sars records should be asterisked, with a sentence at the bottom saying these ‘wins’ were due to contravention of the salary cap! Grrr!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Lutontiger wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:21 am Just been reading Prem Rugby’s preview of the final, referring to the record of successes of each side. Personally I think all Sars records should be asterisked, with a sentence at the bottom saying these ‘wins’ were due to contravention of the salary cap! Grrr!
Along with our bottom of the table finishes..... :smt011