Weekend Games - 10th to 12th June 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Weekend Games - 10th to 12th June 2022

Post by Offside »

I think we can agree that we do not want Sarries to win next week.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Offside wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:35 pm I think we can agree that we do not want Sarries to win next week.
Haha ,if we win today I just know that next week is gonna be decided by some dodgy calls. I called it an age ago.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

nicmattyg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:11 pm Ben Earl needs more England minutes. Quality player, best English 7 at the moment for me
He played well today and could be a good alternative to Underhill, both are quite destructive 7s.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:25 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:25 pm So many ifs and buts in this game. No wonder it’s confusing !
That’s a red all day mate,a million times worse than Porters! Sarries again!
Put the dumbbells down and chill Winston !
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

No clue how Tompkins didn’t get player of the match. Massive shift from him.
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

Sarries…..3 head on head tackles, 3 yellow cards…..no other team are getting away with all of them without a red
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

nicmattyg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:54 pm Sarries…..3 head on head tackles, 3 yellow cards…..no other team are getting away with all of them without a red
Exactly! Lozowskis was an absolute shocker,dreadful! Half inch either way and you’re talking a horrible facial injury,maybe even skull fracture. But it shouldn’t be reffed on outcome,that was the utmost degree of high danger and a stone cold red,but like you said Sarries again!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:47 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:25 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:25 pm So many ifs and buts in this game. No wonder it’s confusing !
That’s a red all day mate,a million times worse than Porters! Sarries again!
Put the dumbbells down and chill Winston !
Hahaha ,great film! 👍
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Stormers win,try with the clock in the red. What an embarrassment for the URC! SA teams come in and clean up in the first year 😂
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:00 pm
nicmattyg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:54 pm Sarries…..3 head on head tackles, 3 yellow cards…..no other team are getting away with all of them without a red
Exactly! Lozowskis was an absolute shocker,dreadful! Half inch either way and you’re talking a horrible facial injury,maybe even skull fracture. But it shouldn’t be reffed on outcome,that was the utmost degree of high danger and a stone cold red,but like you said Sarries again!
Didn't see the game.. just got to the hotel in Paris and ready to watch the main event! So I'm guessing from some of the comments on here that Sarries, once again got away with yellows when reds may have been more appropriate? Or have I got that wrong?
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:06 pm
Didn't see the game.. just got to the hotel in Paris and ready to watch the main event! So I'm guessing from some of the comments on here that Sarries, once again got away with yellows when reds may have been more appropriate? Or have I got that wrong?
If it wasn’t for the TMO they wouldn’t have even got yellows mate,Pearce was just gonna give penalties! The TMO had to put him right ,the 2 yellows were right but Lozowskis was a red. Think Porter but without the outcome (which it shouldn’t be reffed on anyway)and Alex wasn’t trying an interception,he lined his man up from last week and ran full pace without changing his height. Definitely a very high degree of danger and could’ve been horrible if it was an inch either way.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:09 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:06 pm

If it wasn’t for the TMO they wouldn’t have even got yellows mate,Pearce was just gonna give penalties! The TMO had to put him right ,the 2 yellows were right but Lozowskis was a red. Think Porter but without the outcome (which it shouldn’t be reffed on anyway)and Alex wasn’t trying an interception,he lined his man up from last week and ran full pace without changing his height. Definitely a very high degree of danger and could’ve been horrible if it was an inch either way.
Same old same old then.. bet we get a red for a head on head today!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

Agreed. Again all we’re asking for is consistency, we’re either stamping down on it or we’re not
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

nicmattyg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:13 pm
Agreed. Again all we’re asking for is consistency, we’re either stamping down on it or we’re not
Exactly! I’ve come round to Porters being a red now,even though I don’t like it,but that was a genuine accident. Trying the interception and didn’t see the player until it was too late. No excuses with this one! And I like Alex,hes usually a very good tackler,cuts people in half.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Toulouse 21 La Rochelle 7 at half time and Dupont is on fire!!!
Semper in excretia