Semi final v Saints - 11th June 2022 KO 4-30pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerintheCatStand
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Semi final v Saints - 11th June 2022 KO 4-30pm

Post by TigerintheCatStand »

I'm looking forward to reading about a game I will barely recognise in The Sunday Times's report tomorrow........

Meanwhile the referee had blown for half time before any chat about Porter's card. I didn't think they could go back after the final whistle, half time whistle or conversation (in case of disputed tries). Has this rule been changed?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerintheCatStand wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:51 pm I'm looking forward to reading about a game I will barely recognise in The Sunday Times's report tomorrow........

Meanwhile the referee had blown for half time before any chat about Porter's card. I didn't think they could go back after the final whistle, half time whistle or conversation (in case of disputed tries). Has this rule been changed?
The foul play occurred before the whistle therefore the ref is entitled to go back and look at it.

I do find it strange that posters are questioning whether or not the ref and TMO didn’t know what they where doing checking the foul play
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerintheCatStand wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:51 pm I'm looking forward to reading about a game I will barely recognise in The Sunday Times's report tomorrow........

Potential foul play can be looked at at any time in the game mate,even after the final whistle
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:59 pm

The foul play occurred before the whistle therefore the ref is entitled to go back and look at it.

I do find it strange that posters are questioning whether or not the ref and TMO didn’t know what they where doing checking the foul play
Agreed. It was 100% the right call and had it been the other way round people would have been up in arms were it not looked at. Right call for the TMO to flag up foul play, right call on red down to yellow and thankfully it didn't cost us more
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:06 pm

Agreed. It was 100% the right call and had it been the other way round people would have been up in arms were it not looked at. Right call for the TMO to flag up foul play, right call on red down to yellow and thankfully it didn't cost us more
Have you managed to catch up on Sarries/Quins yet mate?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:35 pm I have to say has a team ever won this many games they arguably didn't deserve to?
We did it quite a lot under Johnno. I remember beating Glaws at Glaws to get to the final. We were terrible then bullied our way to a win in the last quarter
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Just got back and now have wine in hand. Terrific if nail biting match. Bring on Sarries and I do fancy us to turn them over. Can’t believe its 9 years since we were there - where did that time go?
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

[olist=][/olist]
CJ wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:16 pm Just got back and now have wine in hand. Terrific if nail biting match. Bring on Sarries and I do fancy us to turn them over. Can’t believe its 9 years since we were there - where did that time go?
I hope it becomes a regular fixture like it was in the good old days!!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:07 pm

Not yet.. will have a watch of the match tomorrow..sounds like it's worth a watch
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:30 pm

Not yet.. will have a watch of the match tomorrow..sounds like it's worth a watch
Brutally efficient Sarries ,although I only watched about 60ish minutes
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:14 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:35 pm I have to say has a team ever won this many games they arguably didn't deserve to?
We did it quite a lot under Johnno. I remember beating Glaws at Glaws to get to the final. We were terrible then bullied our way to a win in the last quarter
You could argue though that Sarries won a lot in the last few years even though they did not deserve to, even the fnancial cheatin aside.

Nowadays it matters who won rather than how you played. I would prefer the win, especially next week!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:32 pm

Just watched the highlights and also the 3 Sarries yellow card incidents. First 2 just a yellow was the right call for me. Lozowski was very similar as others have said to Porter's red. Pearce even says "he's out of control, it's reckless there's direct head contact and then he goes on to say penalty only! Very bizarre. Tempo talks him in to a yellow but that was a red for me.. flying in out of control and head on head contact, as upright as you'll see and no mitigation yet Pearce wanted just a penalty :smt017

But then again he seemed to miss the Daly one too but I guess Sarries don't get red cards so it's just par for the course.

I look forward to us beating them next week at Twickenham :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:55 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:32 pm

Just watched the highlights and also the 3 Sarries yellow card incidents. First 2 just a yellow was the right call for me. Lozowski was very similar as others have said to Porter's red. Pearce even says "he's out of control, it's reckless there's direct head contact and then he goes on to say penalty only! Very bizarre. Tempo talks him in to a yellow but that was a red for me.. flying in out of control and head on head contact, as upright as you'll see and no mitigation yet Pearce wanted just a penalty :smt017

But then again he seemed to miss the Daly one too but I guess Sarries don't get red cards so it's just par for the course.

I look forward to us beating them next week at Twickenham :smt023
I hope so mate 🤞
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Get in ! Don’t care about any analysis ! Next game is next week bring it on
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

I got a little emotional at the end. At half time I was clinging to the hope that we finish stronger than we start….

What a turnaround for the team in the last few years.

Would we have won though if Skosan could catch a ball?

Telegraph stating 22122 crowd. Looked far more than that. And an atmosphere even better than the Leinster game. Good on the Saints fans for the noise they made.

The pitch looked fantastic. Wonder if it’s been relaid recently.