Semi final v Saints - 11th June 2022 KO 4-30pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Semi final v Saints - 11th June 2022 KO 4-30pm

Post by trendylfj »

Dog walked, breakfast eaten, a bit of shopping to do and I am already BUZZING!!!! Just counted that there are only 1400+ tickets left for sale. Let us hope that they have got the catering sorted out and the tills/computers are all working at the start and enough beer in the hand-pulled units. Don't think I have been to a recent Tigers match where there has not been a problem with either the tills or the hand-pulled beer in the ABC/Crumbie Lounge. Let's hope they have got it correct for this one. As for the game - Tigers to win by 15pts, Fordie to kick all of his goals and the winning try to be a forward drive, finished off by Gengie and most of all, Tom is able to see how much we are with him and his family at this very sad time whatever the result.
Hehehehehehehehe
Louis

Post by Louis »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:33 am Looking forward to it but getting twitchy; Stuart Barnes has tipped us to win.
Kerrrroist! We're in trouble now!

;-)
Louis

Post by Louis »

markharbtiger wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:17 pm For me a lot depends on who's healthy and TBH who starts at 9 and 10 and what kind of day they're having.

<Snip>
This! For me, if Ben Youngs looks out of sorts at the start of the match it's a bad sign (for Leicester and England in my experience). It's probably a ridiculous superstition on my part, but when I recognise a certain look in Ben's face at the start I know the team is in for a hard time.

Okay, I *KNOW* this is ridiculous, counterfactual, and borderline insulting to one of the best 9s that have ever played the game, but I'll bet my lucky rabbit's foot, collection of horseshoes, lucky heather, and my special pants I'm right.

;-)
Louis

Post by Louis »

Right, the bets are on (£30 to win, £10 win by 6-11, £10 Potter to score), that's all my betting budget done for the last three years!

The telly has been booked (I wish I could actually be there...), the family have been put on notice that choice language and rude things about Saints could be audible, the fizzy water is on ice, and the padlock on the booze cabinet has been well oiled so that if I apply for An Indulgence I can access the requisite libations with appropriate speed.

All that's needed now is the guaranteed win. Guaranteed, right? Just a formality...

<Squeak>
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

I like Matt Scott and Guy Porter (when he plays in the centres) but I'm delighted to see it's Moroni and Kelly in the middle - our best midfield combination in my opinion. They've both got a bit of everything.

Just hope Dan is fully fit but Aled is the man!
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

I’m still nervous about this one, can’t shake a worried feeling I’ve got!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:44 am I’m still nervous about this one, can’t shake a worried feeling I’ve got!
It’s our poor home record against Saints that’s the worry
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Broken hip and standing on Crumbie Terrace restricts me to home viewing but telly arranged, shirt on and glass filled.

It's only a game yes and in the greater scheme of things nothing of concern, especially in light of the Youngs suffering.

That said a window of sporting tension, highs and lows, opportunity of beating the neighbours can surely be good for the character and soul.

I'm old school and topping the Prem Table is the 'Title' for me but hey-ho nothing wrong with another W in the record book. :smt005

COYT!!!!! :smt030
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Louis wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:19 am
markharbtiger wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:17 pm For me a lot depends on who's healthy and TBH who starts at 9 and 10 and what kind of day they're having.

<Snip>
This! For me, if Ben Youngs looks out of sorts at the start of the match it's a bad sign (for Leicester and England in my experience).
If necessary we have a damn good replacement in JVP on the bench. In fact our bench looks super strong by comparison. Although I admit bias, I simply counted the international level players...JVP and Burns isn't a bad half back pairing to have in your back pocket. Chessum and Martin too.
Louis

Post by Louis »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:26 pm
Louis wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:19 am

<Snip>
This! For me, if Ben Youngs looks out of sorts at the start of the match it's a bad sign (for Leicester and England in my experience).
If necessary we have a damn good replacement in JVP on the bench. In fact our bench looks super strong by comparison. Although I admit bias, I simply counted the international level players...JVP and Burns isn't a bad half back pairing to have in your back pocket. Chessum and Martin too.
Oh I agree. I am hoping that, as per 99% of his games, Ben plays an absolute blinder. On his day, very few can touch him.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So.. seems like Sarries got lucky once again with yellow cards when reds may have been more appropriate (3 times - although I caveat that with I didn't see the game just going on other posts).. what's the betting we have a similar head on head and it's a straight red card! :smt012
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:09 pm So.. seems like Sarries got lucky once again with yellow cards when reds may have been more appropriate (3 times - although I caveat that with I didn't see the game just going on other posts).. what's the betting we have a similar head on head and it's a straight red card! :smt012
Think the 2 yellows were the right call mate,but Lozowskis was a red. Pearce wanted to give penalties for all 3 incredibly! TMO had to help him out!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So nervous lol,be much easier if I was there!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Well that brought a tear to my eye
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:17 pm So nervous lol,be much easier if I was there!
Me too.. on both counts! COYT
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!