Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

This moment should be marked - 4th June 2022

Post by loretta »

Here we are.
Top of the table, still, after all these weeks.
From week 1, until now, nobody has been able to catch us.
I don't know when we last achieved that, and I'm not going to lie, I really don't want to trawl through the records to find out. I'm sure someone will though.
But 2 years ago, pants. What a change around! What an achievement!
Absolutely blooming brilliant!!
I expect we'll get to Twickenham for the final, and we now have a serious chance of bringing the pot home, but if we don't? What a good year.
Cheers to that.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Re: This moment should be marked

Post by moorsman1 »

my sentiments too. when we went to the Bristol game this time last year we knew something was stirring, something was changing in the Tigers to the good. And now just 12 months later, what a turnaround and all credit to Borthwick. When he first arrived and told a bunch of players to get off the training pitch and get changed because they weren't taking it seriously!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: This moment should be marked

Post by Scott1 »

+ a million
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: This moment should be marked - 4th June 2022

Post by sapajo »

First club in history to be at the top of the table for every premiership round and last time we went underfeated at home was 20 years ago. Hallelujah
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Credit to the coaches and players from the basement to the top in the two seasons is an incredible achievement made even better by the fact we have so many good home grown young players whose futures look incredibly bright.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Totally agree. What a season not just results wise, but the emergence of some quality young talent and the building of a squad that is able to challenge on all levels.
I’m not as worried as some about Saints, there were times when Newcastle made them look distinctly average, and even taking into account the derby factor, we have already won 2 comfortably this season, and a semi final, I expect us to win well next week, for you statos out there the semi final winners are heavily weighted in favour of the home team.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:56 am Totally agree. What a season not just results wise, but the emergence of some quality young talent and the building of a squad that is able to challenge on all levels.
I’m not as worried as some about Saints, there were times when Newcastle made them look distinctly average, and even taking into account the derby factor, we have already won 2 comfortably this season, and a semi final, I expect us to win well next week, for you statos out there the semi final winners are heavily weighted in favour of the home team.
A genuine question,did you pay for PRTV and have the Saints game on BT at the same time,or did you watch the repeat straight after?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

It might be hard but you're absolutely right, no matter what happens next week, and hopefully the week after, this already counts as a ludicrously successful season in its proper context and, if we go to Twickers we should make it a happy reacquaintence with an old stomping ground :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Couldn’t agree more. We won 20 of our 24 games which has never been done before (OK because this is the first time any team has played 24 but you know what I mean).

I got my ticket for the final ages ago. Can’t wait to go to Twickenham again, our home from home. And win. Gob smackingly brilliant. And not only do I think we will win, but I hope we do for Gengy and GF, so they get a winners medal.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:33 pm First club in history to be at the top of the table for every premiership round and last time we went underfeated at home was 20 years ago. Hallelujah
Now those are some serious stats right there :smt038
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!