chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Weekend Games - 03rd to 05th June 2022

Post by chris111 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:51 pm
chris111 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:12 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:02 pm

Because I said so that’s why !! Saints had a full on Newcastle to beat whilst Gloucester were always going to get 5 points. It’s all ifs and buts but they shouldn’t allow it with top 4 etc on the line….in my opinion. How would you feel if Tigers didn’t make it because another club rolled over !? Especially Sarries !
Let me turn around your hypotheticals game. How would you feel if Tigers, having secured their position, were forced by PRC to select a full-strength team in a dead rubber match - and lost 3 key players to injury?!
I’d think that we’d been very unlucky. How would you feel if we lost 4th spot because our rival got 5 points playing a second string outfit while we had a full on battle ?
I would probably be disappointed that results earlier in the season left us dependent on other results going our way to squeeze into 4th, but can’t see how this can be put down to luck. In a league competition you end up where you deserve to end up - and if you perform consistently well throughout the year you’ve earned the right to conserve efforts in the later stages to prepare as you see fit for the crunch points at the end.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Different thinking then Chris. I think if it came down to us and <whatever team was in the fight for 4th>, we'd both done really well to get ourselves into that position, therefore would expect a level playing field in terms of the battle to see who would finish in that position.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Plentyy of teams haven't gone full noise in games... tbh if Saints HAD lost the playoff position, I'd be more raging about Wuss handing them 5 points from conceding to focus on a development fixture than a top team rotating some of their players in a game...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.