European finals weekend - May 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bge3095

Re: European finals weekend - May 2022

Post by Bge3095 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:58 pm
Bge3095 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:54 pm Awful scenes, eben etzebeth with an awful clear out.
Shocking.. gets dumped on his ass by a great tackle then goes flying in to clear out moments later to get his own back and is lucky they didn’t have a good angle on that one. Terrible sportsmanship and deserved to see red
Agree with everything you say. Scumbag shot.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tempest should have been firmer as TMO there and said there's head contact.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I thought Pearce and Tempest missed quite a lot. Pearce and linesmen missed a number of offsides. And did anyone else wonder if the Eztebeth incident should also have been a penalty try, not just a yellow card?

I suppose the thinking may be, if the tackle had been legal a try was not certain.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Old Hob wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:58 am I thought Pearce and Tempest missed quite a lot. Pearce and linesmen missed a number of offsides. And did anyone else wonder if the Eztebeth incident should also have been a penalty try, not just a yellow card?

I suppose the thinking may be, if the tackle had been legal a try was not certain.
Etzebeth incident wasn't even a penalty let alone yellow or red it should have been. No way was it a penalty try as Toulon had the ball in Lyon's 22.

Think you're thinking about the no arms tackle on the line where the Lyon 10 got yellowed. For me not a pen try as there was already another tackler tackling the player
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Apologies, Steve. Yes that was the incident I was thinking of. For the other discussed, I was off stuffing my face.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I was surprised that the yellow card under the sticks wasn’t a yellow as he would have scored.
The Estebeth incident was a definite cheap shot and there must have been head contact for him to be knocked out, how he wasn’t taken off for HIA who knows. The issue is going to be finding a camera angle that shows it clearly as the 2 they had didn’t
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:19 am I was surprised that the yellow card under the sticks wasn’t a yellow as he would have scored.
The Estebeth incident was a definite cheap shot and there must have been head contact for him to be knocked out, how he wasn’t taken off for HIA who knows. The issue is going to be finding a camera angle that shows it clearly as the 2 they had didn’t
Well immediately after they said play on they showed an angle the ref and TMO hadn't looked at. For me Pearce says he doesn't see foul play, at that point rather than saying yes sorry, Tempest needs to firmer and say, we need to see an angle showing contact point before play on, they didn’t look at all angles.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:43 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:19 am I was surprised that the yellow card under the sticks wasn’t a yellow as he would have scored.
Well immediately after they said play on they showed an angle the ref and TMO hadn't looked at. For me Pearce says he doesn't see foul play, at that point rather than saying yes sorry, Tempest needs to firmer and say, we need to see an angle showing contact point before play on, they didn’t look at all angles.
Totally agree it may be the French tv director thing again.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Come on La Rochelle!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Healey has turned up as the man from delmonte
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

La Rochelle all the way please.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:17 pm La Rochelle all the way please.
Heart says La Rochelle heads says Leinster. La Rochelle are really going to miss Kerr- Barlow and Vito.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Planning to cheer for Leinster for the first time ever. Always like to cut against the grain on this forum 😉
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

chris111 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:31 pm Planning to cheer for Leinster for the first time ever. Always like to cut against the grain on this forum 😉
Go, Johnny, go!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just saw that cleanout,how the hell did EE get away with that?! Let's hope the CC pick it up and he gets a long ban!
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat May 28, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer