7s ethics?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 7s ethics?

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ref should have blown up for held up over the line as the player didn't ground the ball.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

jgriffin wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:33 pm Knickers. Twist. compare and contrast with: Hand of Back. Bag snatching, wage fiddling, cap breaking etc. What's the game coming to? Nothing - a lot cleaner, less Sarries style fiddling (one hopes) :smt015 and if all we have to moan about is that 7s incident..........
Whataboutery is never a convincing argument. If it’s wrong it’s wrong.
And for the record, my knickers are not in a twist, neither am I moaning. Somebody posted about an incident, and I responded saying what I thought about it - that’s all. You’re free to express a different opinion, but don’t see the need to snipe.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:43 pm Ref should have blown up for held up over the line as the player didn't ground the ball.
But who’s held him up, you can’t suddenly start making up laws to suit a situation. If the ref had anything about him he would have run up to the player and told him to stop messing around and get on with the game
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:45 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:43 pm Ref should have blown up for held up over the line as the player didn't ground the ball.
But who’s held him up, you can’t suddenly start making up laws to suit a situation. If the ref had anything about him he would have run up to the player and told him to stop messing around and get on with the game
Does it have to be a specific person, essentially the player has held himself up, by being unable to ground the ball.

Though IMO both teams are equally at fault for this.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:49 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:45 pm
Does it have to be a specific person, essentially the player has held himself up, by being unable to ground the ball.

Though IMO both teams are equally at fault for this.
Maybe blurring the lines a little there. Agreed that both teams must take some responsibility