Tigers vs Wasps - 04th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Wasps - 04th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by westwinds31 »

Wasps tactics, spoil, spoil, spoil. It worked to a point. Our attack is as slow as this website. Another win though. At the moment our power game, kicking for territory and defence is keeping us winning. Can’t help but think that we’ll need a bit more than that either next week or the following week.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think I’m right in saying this was the only game that both teams had something to play for so may have something to do with the result.
Comments made about the attacking game, never easy when the opposition have come not to play.
Our attacking game always looked better with Kelly at 12 so will be interesting to see if he is brought straight back in next week if fit.
Providing no injuries I would say we could be the best prepared of the 4 semi final teams next week, with Saints winning what turned into an exhibition game, Quins losing at Exeter, and Sarries 2nds getting a shoeing at Gloucester
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:10 pm Wasps tactics, spoil, spoil, spoil. It worked to a point. Our attack is as slow as this website. Another win though. At the moment our power game, kicking for territory and defence is keeping us winning. Can’t help but think that we’ll need a bit more than that either next week or the following week.
Reminiscent of the Newcastle game we must improve or we lose.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Have to say Sarries are best placed to win it at present,regardless of todays results they have their big guns rested and are at home where its almost impossible to win. Then I would say its probably us just,ending the season a bit meh but we are still winning games,if not convincingly. Then next is Saints ,only because it's a derby and anything can happen and they are playing much better attacking stuff than us at present. Then Quins last,Saints have more chance of winning at WR than Quins do at The Stone.
So best placed to win the whole thing at present for me is
1.Sarries
2. Tigers
3. Saints
4. Quins
That obviously could change depending on who the finalists are
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:43 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:10 pm Wasps tactics, spoil, spoil, spoil. It worked to a point. Our attack is as slow as this website. Another win though. At the moment our power game, kicking for territory and defence is keeping us winning. Can’t help but think that we’ll need a bit more than that either next week or the following week.
You are of course right but it is much easier to play rugby against a side who also wants to play, which the remaining 3 sides left in the competition do.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:04 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:43 pm
You are of course right but it is much easier to play rugby against a side who also wants to play, which the remaining 3 sides left in the competition do.
This is true. Our defence has shut down a lot of the so-called free flowing sides. It’s Sarries I would be most worried about, as they have the grit and can break out in a heart beat. Today though, Moroni was exceptional.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

We won but we really need at least Montoya back and Heyes.
No one near me knew why Genge went off: was he injured?
Both semis are “derby matches’ but ours is the one which could go either way.
I’ve always admired Quins but I think Sarries will be too gnarly for Quins’ pack and I would have preferred Quins next week as Saints will be highly motivated.
Unlike the league games they will have the excellent Biggar( got injured in the fist game), Lawes and Ludlam available. Skosan too will be fit.
Come on Tigers. Fans get down there and cheer the lads on.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

A win is a win but the performance is what SB is preaching and whilst there were some very good performances one or two players have disappointed me recently. Even though he is such an attacking threat, Nemani hasn't been the Nemani we had at the start of the season and Benny reverted to the slow delivery very few of us like in this game. For me, the outstanding performers were Moroni and Porter - what a choice to have to make if Dan Kelly is back fit next week
Hehehehehehehehe
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I might be in the minority but I think that Sarries will have their hands full with Harlequins and we will have to play a lot better than we did today to beat Saints .
A2O
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

I'd like to think we've been deliberately playing in 3rd gear recently with a view to peaking for the final two games. That's what I'm telling myself anyway :smt003
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Postiger2 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:10 am I'd like to think we've been deliberately playing in 3rd gear recently with a view to peaking for the final two games. That's what I'm telling myself anyway :smt003
Agree, our attack has looked slow and ponderous since Kelly's injury, but it didn't look like we were running many moves vs Newcastle or Wasps, which were essentially games we didn't need to use them in. I suspect our attack coaches have been saving some moves for must win games.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I would be very surprised if we don't have something up our sleeve for next week, Borthwick plays everything close to his chest.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wow......at last....anybody else finding this website slow? Jeepers!

Dai three Remys last night. One for the win, one for top, one for Bath being bottom. Sorry Colonel, but you shouldn't have taken the Mick when we were in bother.

As for the play offs......this may sound like heresy but who cares. We are top of the pile and that's all I'm worried about!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:02 pm As for the play offs......this may sound like heresy but who cares. We are top of the pile and that's all I'm worried about!
I get that some people aren't into the play off system, but at the moment no one has won anything. Does anyone know what the prize is for winning the premiership final? Surely there has to be some prize rather than just bragging rights. From a quick google I think the prem cup has a 500k prize* attached to it or soemthing like that, but I can't find anything about the play off final...

*this maybe from a few years ago though...
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:02 pm Wow......at last....anybody else finding this website slow? Jeepers!

Dai three Remys last night. One for the win, one for top, one for Bath being bottom. Sorry Colonel, but you shouldn't have taken the Mick when we were in bother.

As for the play offs......this may sound like heresy but who cares. We are top of the pile and that's all I'm worried about!
Me too. The best over the regular season, rather than the semi-lottery of the play-offs.

PS. I think it is you Big Dai who has waxed lyrical about Butty Back. We were down in Ross for a few days last week. Tried it. Marvelous. It is stocked back home in Matlock Sainsbury. Tremendous.
As Good As It Gets