Tigers vs Wasps - 04th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Wasps - 04th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by westwinds31 »

I’ve said it before, Nadolo can create something out of nothing and in a knock out game, that could be the difference. His defence isn’t that bad, yes, the quicker guys are hard to handle for him, but for everyone else as well.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Genge
Clare
Cole
Wells
Snyman
Liebenberg
Reffell
Weise
Youngs
Ford
Saumaki
Scott
Moroni
Ashton
Steward

Whitcombe,Montoya,Heyes,Henderson,MVS,JVP,Burns,Porter
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Agreed about Montoya: he is crucial to our chances of winning the semi and, if we get there, the final. But Weise, Hanro, Genge, Cole, Reffell, Wells all need to stay fit too!
With what happened to poor Dolly I’ve changed my thinking on Wasps! Aim to win but have to avoid injuries. I’ve remarked about it before but at The Ricoh it was Wasps physicality in the second half that saw us implode. I do remember leaving the Ricoh that day reflecting that we had enough chances in the first half to have sewn the game up and we also turned a few kickable penalties down and lost by 3!
Therefore, take every three points on offer.
Last edited by Ian Cant on Mon May 23, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I know that there are many ways to skin a cat but for me, we must go in as strong as we can in the 23. How we juggle the bench is not as important to me as who is on it. I want to see our best 23 for this game as I do not want to play Quins if possible. Let Sarries and Quin fight it out on the plastic with us playing Saints. That is the best scenario for us to win the whole thing for me and I would suspect a lot of others.
Hehehehehehehehe
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

So many reasons to want to win this one, and I can’t think of a single credible reason to tolerate a loss. We’ve topped the table all season, let’s finish there too!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

loretta wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:07 am So many reasons to want to win this one, and I can’t think of a single credible reason to tolerate a loss. We’ve topped the table all season, let’s finish there too!
Totally agree with this. Momentum needs building as well, after so many weeks of stop start rugby. The knock out games are one offs and often won by the best prepared team on the day not necessarily the form team
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

loretta wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:07 am So many reasons to want to win this one, and I can’t think of a single credible reason to tolerate a loss. We’ve topped the table all season, let’s finish there too!
Yep, this for me as well. Yeah going out full strength risks injury, but thats the same all season. Dolly's injury is a freak situation, we need to build momentum as we've had a mixed bag of results recently.
This season has already bee a massive success for us, and to get to the final would be awesome, to finish the season top of the table having won all our home games would just look so good as well.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Go full strength for this, treat is as a dressed rehearsal
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

At this stage of the season we need to be picking the team we hope will win us the final. Three big games and no need to be holding back.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

i agree with the sentiments of the rolling maul podcast - the Wasps game is the start of "knock out" rugby - effectively a quarter final to secure top spot - then it's a genuine knock out semi final and then, who knows?
So - for knock out rugby you go full bore - which is what we did v newcastle...
Less is more....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Bunchy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 am i agree with the sentiments of the rolling maul podcast - the Wasps game is the start of "knock out" rugby - effectively a quarter final to secure top spot - then it's a genuine knock out semi final and then, who knows?
There was some mild rotation Vs Falcons. We might see the full strength side for this one. Finish the season undefeated at home in the league, that would be a great achievement from recent seasons and would play into Borthwick's mantra of rewarding the fans. A good run out at full bore before the semi finals is a good idea.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:36 pm
Bunchy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:04 am i agree with the sentiments of the rolling maul podcast - the Wasps game is the start of "knock out" rugby - effectively a quarter final to secure top spot - then it's a genuine knock out semi final and then, who knows?
There was some mild rotation Vs Falcons. We might see the full strength side for this one. Finish the season undefeated at home in the league, that would be a great achievement from recent seasons and would play into Borthwick's mantra of rewarding the fans. A good run out at full bore before the semi finals is a good idea.
I expect a strong team, but I do expect to see if able
Henderson, Van Staden and Kelly as all 3 need gametime to get match sharp.

Also with Dolly out I only expect Montoya to play if 100% fit
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:48 pm

Henderson and MVS yes. Kelly maybe off the bench, they'll want to test the hamstring and ease him back in but not risk it to much. He's not been out that long that he'll be to rusty.

Adding Henderson and MVS to the team doesn't make it weaker though :smt003 they are both quality players.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:16 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:48 pm

Henderson and MVS yes. Kelly maybe off the bench, they'll want to test the hamstring and ease him back in but not risk it to much. He's not been out that long that he'll be to rusty.

Adding Henderson and MVS to the team doesn't make it weaker though :smt003 they are both quality players.
Agree, I'd probably also put MVS on the bench after his time out too...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

:smt027
westwinds31 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:03 pm I’ve said it before, Nadolo can create something out of nothing and in a knock out game, that could be the difference. His defence isn’t that bad, yes, the quicker guys are hard to handle for him, but for everyone else as well.
Having witnessed Ford emploring him to get back in the defensive line and only plodding back, feeble attempts at tap tackles the average tight head would have made, I would say he is a liability.
Some of the opposition wingers have skinned him by 5 yards.