Tigers vs Wasps - 04th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Wasps - 04th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Ian Cant »

That is a very strong Wasps side. Will be cheering the team on at Welford Road tomorrow hoping for no more injuries and a win.
As things go this is a great warm up for the semi as Saints will play a similar game to Wasps. Make no mistake our forwards, as they found at The Ricoh( Wasps we’re considerably weaker then) won’t be able to bully the Wasps pack like we have others.
Hope nerves don’t ruin the end of the season now as the next two games are against the two teams I hate losing too. I’m still smarting from cold walking back to my car from The Ricoh! On the other hand I’ve still got the happiest of memories of the other long walk back to the car from Franklin’s Gardens.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

And I, like others, have found posting strange this last two days!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Aim for 4 or 5 points, but we only need 2.
(This web site is S-O--S-L-O-W)
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

markharbtiger wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:34 pm Aim for 4 or 5 points, but we only need 2.
(This web site is S-O--S-L-O-W)
I’ve messaged TB,he believes they might be carrying out maintenance on the site. Makes sense doing it before tomorrow’s game
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Really would be a shame if this site isn't fixed for tomorrow's game.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:37 pm That is a very strong Wasps side. Will be cheering the team on at Welford Road tomorrow hoping for no more injuries and a win.
As things go this is a great warm up for the semi as Saints will play a similar game to Wasps. Make no mistake our forwards, as they found at The Ricoh( Wasps we’re considerably weaker then) won’t be able to bully the Wasps pack like we have others.
Hope nerves don’t ruin the end of the season now as the next two games are against the two teams I hate losing too. I’m still smarting from cold walking back to my car from The Ricoh! On the other hand I’ve still got the happiest of memories of the other long walk back to the car from Franklin’s Gardens.
I fancy us for a series of scrum penalties tomorrow that’ll keep them on the back foot.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:03 pm Really would be a shame if this site isn't fixed for tomorrow's game.
I am hoping Wasp's line speed is as slow as this web site....!

Edit: posting this took about half a minute and like my other post to the technical board ended in a 503 service unavailable message.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

markharbtiger wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:23 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:03 pm Really would be a shame if this site isn't fixed for tomorrow's game.

Edit: posting this took about half a minute and like my other post to the technical board ended in a 503 service unavailable message.
Just as painful for me...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47625#unread

This is the thread on the technical forum, for those interested, just to help this match thread stay match related, because it's painful enough to use this site atm let alone if these threads derail.

I do think though we should have enough.

Interesting to see Sarries going for the "weakened" route
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:42 am

This is the thread on the technical forum, for those interested, just to help this match thread stay match related, because it's painful enough to use this site atm let alone if these threads derail.

I do think though we should have enough.

Interesting to see Sarries going for the "weakened" route
Think Sarries have done the right thing TFS,risky going full bore when it’s not in their own hands. I’m sure they would’ve done if they were in our position instead
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:42 am

Agree we should keep game focus here - sorry
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Strong Wasps team as you would expect with them having European cup qualification to play for. Famous last words but I just can’t see us losing, there is no area on the pitch where they are stronger and we should scrum them off the park.

Sarries is an interesting one should they loose to Gloucester and Newcastle pull off the unlikeliest of wins at Saints, would Saints have legitimate grounds for complaint
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

They can complain all they like. They have no say in what another team choose to put on the field.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sorry but I cannot see Newcastle troubling Saints.
As for “scrummaging” Wasps off the park: I very much doubt it: they’ve lost to teams like Lyon and messed up v Irish due to the backs losing the plot: they won’t v Tigers today as this is their biggest game of the season and they will want to do the double.
Again, as I’ve messaged earlier, at The Ricoh, a full strength Tigers’ pack got bullied out of the game in the second half. I hope I’m wrong but this will be a very tight game.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:39 am Sorry but I cannot see Newcastle troubling Saints.
As for “scrummaging” Wasps off the park: I very much doubt it: they’ve lost to teams like Lyon and messed up v Irish due to the backs losing the plot: they won’t v Tigers today as this is their biggest game of the season and they will want to do the double.
Again, as I’ve messaged earlier, at The Ricoh, a full strength Tigers’ pack got bullied out of the game in the second half. I hope I’m wrong but this will be a very tight game.
You obviously didn’t see what the Sale pack did to them then. Away at the Ricoh wasn’t that a game lost by 3 points and where we shoved their scrum over their line from 10 metres and only didn’t get a penalty try due to referee incompetence.

I do agree about Saints comfortably beating falcons though
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes strange take,our pack wasn't bullied at all! We lost that game due to poor decison making and the penalty try that never was.