Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by RagingBull »

If Dolly is out we will most likely go with Clare, TCD, Vanes start of season.
Depending how long I guess we could look at a injury signing.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:46 pm
ABClub wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:38 pm Hame Faiva is a decent hooker for someone to sign.
Worcester I think
Cheers kpj. He'll fit into that pack well. Worcester were very strong at hooker when they had Taufete'e and Singleton back by Bregvadze and Annett. It's now a position they could strengthen.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/ChristianWade3/stat ... mymvQ&s=19

Wade with more rumours, he also claims in the article that Ashton won't hold the record long...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 pm https://twitter.com/ChristianWade3/stat ... mymvQ&s=19

Wade with more rumours, he also claims in the article that Ashton won't hold the record long...
And for those who don't twit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/61554843

Obviously talking himself up. Does this mean his agent has been short of acceptable offers?
Nice to see him some where other than Wasps if he joins anyone
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

See that Wade is being linked to Exeter with them losing O'Flaherty
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

The problem for Wade is that the role of a winger has changed. From what I remember, his tackling, kicking and work under the high ball weren't especially strong and I doubt he's been working on those during his stint training with the NFL.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Wade's tackling and high ball work were fine I thought. Not a strength but I wouldn't say they were the glaring weaknesses some made out. By the time he switched his defence was no weaker than Ashton's IMO. I'm an Ashton fan, very happy he's re-signed as well. I just think it's an area Wade improved a lot.

He didn't have much kicking game but that's more a barrier to succeeding as a wing at international level than club. To step up to international with no kicking game in the back three you usually need to be a Tuisova or Koroibete type attacking talent. There are plenty of good Premiership wings with weak kicking games though.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wades tackling was good,it was his positioning and decision making that was very poor! He was also prone to defending with his back to the touchline instead of the opposite way using it as an extra defender
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:49 pm See that Wade is being linked to Exeter with them losing O'Flaherty
To me he doesn't really seem like he fits Exeter's style of play for wingers, if Bristol had any money left I would have said that would be one of the better fits for him.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The weak bit compared with Ashton is between the ears. Ashton has a strategic grasp of attack and has always run good lines off 10/12
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

jgriffin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:17 pm The weak bit compared with Ashton is between the ears. Ashton has a strategic grasp of attack and has always run good lines off 10/12
Best running lines English rugby has ever seen!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

wigworth wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:00 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:49 pm See that Wade is being linked to Exeter with them losing O'Flaherty
To me he doesn't really seem like he fits Exeter's style of play for wingers, if Bristol had any money left I would have said that would be one of the better fits for him.
In attack I think he perfectly fits their system as the attacking play often brings the blindside winger into the midfield further out looking to target the gal between 13 and wing. Wade's footwork and speed really work well on that type of move and his distribution used to be good.

Where he might struggle at Chiefs and where you're right he might not fit is the work rate. Chiefs wingers have to chase hard forward and back an awful lot in that tactical game plan. Not something Wade has been good at historically and as Scott noted his positioning can be questionable.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Onisi Ratave to Benetton next season 👀👀 him and Iaoane on the wings will be some sight!
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Ealing have signed Carlo Tizzano ( http://ealingtrailfinders.com/news/aust ... ailfinders ) for next season. Promising flanker for the Tahs from the little Super Rugby I've seen.