Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Weekend Games - 20th to 22nd May 2022

Post by Tiglon »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:54 am
KevinR wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:19 am Wasps scrum was destroyed by Sale and it won't be any better now that Stooke is out. They are a dangerous team, but it's hard to win games when your set piece is a disaster.
Yet they beat us at at Ricoh, with a weaker team than they will probably have in a fortnight.
Worth noting we were a pretty weak team considering Kini & Dolly were the two subs covering 2nd row and back row that game...
For me the key part of our revival is the strength of our back row. It's no coincidence that we lost form when we had a load of injuries/suspensions to our back row. Wells and Chessum at 6 and 8 is a very different proposition to Hanro and Wiese.

There are a few games we've been lucky to win this season, but I think the Wasps game was one we were unlucky to lose.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think it’s worth noting that we are by no means the only team with close wins/loses this season. Irish are of course the prime example with 5 draws. Had they been wins they would be in 4th.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:26 pm I think it’s worth noting that we are by no means the only team with close wins/loses this season. Irish are of course the prime example with 5 draws. Had they been wins they would be in 4th.
That's sport, fine margins. The team at the top is rarely as good as people say they are, and the team at the bottom rarely as bad.

Johnny Wilkinson was one missed kick from being some rugby player who never fulfilled his potential because of injury. Instead he's one of the few rugby players who transcends the sport and is genuinely a household name.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:51 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:26 pm I think it’s worth noting that we are by no means the only team with close wins/loses this season. Irish are of course the prime example with 5 draws. Had they been wins they would be in 4th.
That's sport, fine margins. The team at the top is rarely as good as people say they are, and the team at the bottom rarely as bad.

Johnny Wilkinson was one missed kick from being some rugby player who never fulfilled his potential because of injury. Instead he's one of the few rugby players who transcends the sport and is genuinely a household name.
Totally agree and for the first time in a few seasons there haven’t been any whipping boys in the league
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Just seen highlights of the Spanish team taking on the Classic All Blacks. Final score 33-26 to the All Blacks.

I know a number of the better Spanish players play for their 7s, but unsure just what this says about the position of Spanish rugby