Rassie's job is no more

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rassie's job is no more

Post by wardy »

According to Rugby Pass new World Rugby laws being trialled from the 1st July will prohibit Directors of Rugby and Head Coaches from being water carriers. Good thing, I believe.
Give blood, play rugby!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Rassie's job is no more

Post by Rugbygramps »

wardy wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:01 pm According to Rugby Pass new World Rugby laws being trialled from the 1st July will prohibit Directors of Rugby and Head Coaches from being water carriers. Good thing, I believe.
Agreed something needs to be done about the whole water carrier thing as it is becoming farcical every break in play. I think it should only be when the clock is stopped for an injury and any non injured player has to go to the touch line to get fluid
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:47 pm
wardy wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:01 pm According to Rugby Pass new World Rugby laws being trialled from the 1st July will prohibit Directors of Rugby and Head Coaches from being water carriers. Good thing, I believe.
Agreed something needs to be done about the whole water carrier thing as it is becoming farcical every break in play. I think it should only be when the clock is stopped for an injury and any non injured player has to go to the touch line to get fluid
Seems they're going further than that, water only allowed on twice per half (including injuries). Other than that water has to be collected by the player going past either dead ball line or to the technical area, but that play may be restarted even if the player isn't back from a water break.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Thing is the new regulations are just as easy to abuse... for example, if you have a player injured, opposition players go for water, injured player recovers play restarts with them all out of position...
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 pm Thing is the new regulations are just as easy to abuse... for example, if you have a player injured, opposition players go for water, injured player recovers play restarts with them all out of position...
Easily solved. The referee does not restart the clock until both sides ready - as he is obliged to.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 pm Thing is the new regulations are just as easy to abuse... for example, if you have a player injured, opposition players go for water, injured player recovers play restarts with them all out of position...
It’ll only happen a couple of times when someone is out of position then it’ll stop
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Old Hob wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:19 pm
Easily solved. The referee does not restart the clock until both sides ready - as he is obliged to.
Ahhh but the new regulations state differently
Under the new regulations, teams can nominate two water carriers who will be permitted by the referee to enter the field of play twice per half during natural stoppages, such as for an injury or after a try. Water will be available to players throughout in the technical area and behind the dead-ball line but play will not stop for them to access it.

Clearly says that play will not stop, so it's likely players will go when they "believe" there to be time to get water, if they're wrong in that belief under these regulations the play will just reatart not wait till you're ready...
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Need to get the Physios off the pitch as well unless they are actually treating someone, far too many of them (including ours) are encroaching onto the field of play.

The whole game needs speeding up, you used to be out of WR by 1640 at the latest for a 1500hrs k.o., less time taken for players to get their breath back should make defensive lines easier to break, or the players will have to shed some bulk to be able to run around as much.

Still not sure why the teams go off at half time, almost certainly TV related.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I honestly don’t think you can legislate with a view to how people are going to get round it. It is a big problem and this is a positive step in reducing that problem
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

It simple really, player from X team goes down injured, players from Y team wander over to the touchline for a drink and a Y team player also starts getting a bit of treatment until X team injured player is ok again....

I agree it needs sorting though.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:06 pm
Old Hob wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:19 pm
Ahhh but the new regulations state differently
Under the new regulations, teams can nominate two water carriers who will be permitted by the referee to enter the field of play twice per half during natural stoppages, such as for an injury or after a try. Water will be available to players throughout in the technical area and behind the dead-ball line but play will not stop for them to access it.

Clearly says that play will not stop, so it's likely players will go when they "believe" there to be time to get water, if they're wrong in that belief under these regulations the play will just reatart not wait till you're ready...
Ah, hadn't realised this. So, as usual, solve one problem create one problem (or more).
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I would think if a player was caught out of position because he popped off for a beverage, he would get such a rollicking from his coach (and teammates) that he wouldn't do it again...
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

They could all have a little rucksack with a bottle of water and some sandwiches just in case they got hungry.

I'll get me coat.....
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Noggs wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:26 am They could all have a little rucksack with a bottle of water and some sandwiches just in case they got hungry.

I'll get me coat.....
If they made them handbags it would help when they have an argument
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It used to be we had pockets in our shorts - to keep a half-time cigarette in, or whatever took your fancy.