England Squad for down under

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: England Squad for down under

Post by baz1664 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:02 amNo Daly?
:smt041 :smt041 :smt041

Eddie must have just forgot to put his name on the sheet, his rocket boot will be on first standby surely!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

baz1664 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:05 am

Eddie must have just forgot to put his name on the sheet, his rocket boot will be on first standby surely!!
Siege gun left boot 🤮
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:06 am
baz1664 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:05 am

Siege gun left boot 🤮
He will make the next Lions tour tho!! :smt005
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Malins, Daly dropped. Long injury list include Lynagh, Slade, Tuilagi, Simmons.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tigers86asw wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:16 am Malins, Daly dropped. Long injury list include Lynagh, Slade, Tuilagi, Simmons.
Possibly both suffer due to the inclusion of Porter and Freeman with Arundell also travelling.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think Stuart will be the starting tight head, not my choice but think he will be Eddies, interesting no Collier unless injured.
Midfield is going to be Smith, Farrell. Marchant, if any of those go lame will be interesting to see who steps up.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/61863940

England squad:
Forwards: Ollie Chessum (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Joe Heyes (Leicester Tigers), Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints), Bevan Rodd (Sale Sharks), Patrick Schickerling (Exeter Chiefs), Will Stuart (Bath Rugby), Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Jack Walker (Harlequins), Jack Willis (Wasps).

Backs: Henry Arundell (London Irish), Danny Care (Harlequins), Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Fraser Dingwall (Northampton Saints), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Tommy Freeman (Northampton Saints), George Furbank (Northampton Saints), Will Joseph (London Irish), Joe Marchant (Harlequins), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Guy Porter (Leicester Tigers), Harry Randall (Bristol Bears), Jack van Poortvliet (Leicester Tigers), Marcus Smith (Harlequins), Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers).
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Porter, Chessum, JVP, Genge, Steward, Heyes selected for Australia tour - well deserved.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:40 am I think Stuart will be the starting tight head, not my choice but think he will be Eddies, interesting no Collier unless injured.
Midfield is going to be Smith, Farrell. Marchant, if any of those go lame will be interesting to see who steps up.
Collier's omission is interesting. However he appeared to suffer the "Eddie Jones hook" yesterday after less than 30 minutes. He's a great scrummager but I do question his overall work-rate on the pitch. Him jogging back during a Saints' counter attack, Finn Russell style, after about 15 minutes of the Big Game at Christmas sticks in my mind, and the kind of thing EJ won't stand for.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:26 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:59 am As it is a training squad surprised he is persisting with Ewels and Tuilagi.

The actual squad will be interesting for me especially at 9, will Youngs go, it may be he doesn’t want to, or will those 3 named go and see how they get on. I suppose from Lenny point of view he will want another World Cup as his possible swan song.

From Tigers Kelly and Potter can count themselves unlucky, though unsure of Kelly’s fitness at present
Pretty sure given the makeup of this squad that Kelly would have been in if fit.
Nic Dolly is in and he was on crutches on Saturday
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

As usual against the Ozzies,our pack will decide this. The aim will be to dominate the set piece,win the collisions,keep the scoreboard ticking over and force them to play from deep and suffocate them with our defence. Looking at that set of forwards,if picked correctly ,I’m not worried at all. There’s even the option of a 6/2 split if required. But there’s a lot of pressure on this tour ,I’m gonna stick my neck out and say if we lose it 3-0 or even 2-1 with us just winning the final test as a consolation Jones will be toast!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:55 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:59 am As it is a training squad surprised he is persisting with Ewels and Tuilagi.

The actual squad will be interesting for me especially at 9, will Youngs go, it may be he doesn’t want to, or will those 3 named go and see how they get on. I suppose from Lenny point of view he will want another World Cup as his possible swan song.

From Tigers Kelly and Potter can count themselves unlucky, though unsure of Kelly’s fitness at present
Pretty sure given the makeup of this squad that Kelly would have been in if fit.
Dolly not in the squad Chobbsy
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

All of the guys on the unavailable due to injury list are capped though, so I still think if fit Kelly may have gone.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Do these 6 miss the start of the season then?

Malins looked shockingly unfit on Sat, Maku back so if selected in the Tests will even up the scrums.

Its difficult to work out what EJ is up to at times...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:16 am

Dolly not in the squad Chobbsy
They published an unavailable due to injury list though, that Kelly wasn't on, but Dolly was...

Unavailable for selection due to injury: Alex Dombrandt, George Ford, Joe Launchbury, Louis Lynagh, Sam Simmonds, Kyle Sinckler, Henry Slade, Manu Tuilagi, Nic Dolly and Anthony Watson.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.