Rugby players transport

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rugby players transport

Post by ads »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:35 pm One of the worse incidents is of course Michael Schumacher who sustained his life changing injuries while skiing down a black run
Actually he crashed between a red and a blue on an 'off piste' section, although more between pistes rather than full on off piste it would have been regularly tracked. He was also an experienced skier so more than likely ski'd most winters, even though he was retired at the time of his injury. F1 drivers tend to be thrill seakers. Mark Webber was a keen mountain biker during his driving career.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ads wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:02 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:35 pm One of the worse incidents is of course Michael Schumacher who sustained his life changing injuries while skiing down a black run
Actually he crashed between a red and a blue on an 'off piste' section, although more between pistes rather than full on off piste it would have been regularly tracked. He was also an experienced skier so more than likely ski'd most winters, even though he was retired at the time of his injury. F1 drivers tend to be thrill seakers. Mark Webber was a keen mountain biker during his driving career.
Thanks Ads. You’re absolutely right to do something like F1 you do have to be somewhat of an adrenaline junky. Hamilton rides bikes a lot doesn’t he, and there was a feature where he had a ride on Rossi, I think, bike whilst Rossi took his car out then then raced in their own transport.
Slightly different but the other day after appearing on James Corden show Tom Cruise jumped on his bike for a 200 mile ride to his next meeting.
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:40 pm
Thanks Ads. You’re absolutely right to do something like F1 you do have to be somewhat of an adrenaline junky. Hamilton rides bikes a lot doesn’t he, and there was a feature where he had a ride on Rossi, I think, bike whilst Rossi took his car out then then raced in their own transport.
Slightly different but the other day after appearing on James Corden show Tom Cruise jumped on his bike for a 200 mile ride to his next meeting.
I watched that documentary very good i thought
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

MrG2 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:02 pm

My eldest was security on the Cruise MI stunts. Yes, he was strapped to a plane for 6 takes. No, it wasn't a double. Adrenaline junky!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Old Hob wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:49 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:11 pm surprised he's allowed to ride a motor bike, even an electric one, footballers are contractually prohibited from doing so, same with jet ski's on their holiday and other things deemed too risky
Yes, but from the little I've watched it seems soccer players break easily.
Chipping a finger nail is a crisis :smt043
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerCam wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:36 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:49 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:11 pm surprised he's allowed to ride a motor bike, even an electric one, footballers are contractually prohibited from doing so, same with jet ski's on their holiday and other things deemed too risky
Yes, but from the little I've watched it seems soccer players break easily.
Chipping a finger nail is a crisis :smt043
Think Bayfield sums it up well. With the Beckham red card incident discussed

https://youtu.be/aQaG20pD4z0
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

jgriffin wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:24 pm
MrG2 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:02 pm

My eldest was security on the Cruise MI stunts. Yes, he was strapped to a plane for 6 takes. No, it wasn't a double. Adrenaline junky!
Apparently in the latest Top Gun he insisted all the actors said their lines where applicable in a flying F18. Barf bag anyone
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

One if the MI films Cruise broke his leg doing a building to building jump were he came up short and smashed his shin on the corner of the building. He actually finished the take by carrying on running!?!?!

He might be short but the bloke is crazy. Would have made a good scrum half!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ads wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:42 pm One if the MI films Cruise broke his leg doing a building to building jump were he came up short and smashed his shin on the corner of the building. He actually finished the take by carrying on running!?!?!

He might be short but the bloke is crazy. Would have made a good scrum half!!
Yes it’s the one where he is chasing Henry Cavell across London with Simon Pegg tracking him on an I pad who doesn’t realise he hasn’t got the 3d switched on.