Rugby players transport

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rugby players transport

Post by markharbtiger »

Great to see one of our fly halves in Market Harborough this afternoon on an electric motorbike, having just come out of a certain supermarket. He lives not far away. Very environmentally friendly mode of transport is the electric motorbike!
I never know if ‘off duty’ players want fans attention or not so I left him alone!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Rugby players transport

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:58 pm Great to see one of our fly halves in Market Harborough this afternoon on an electric motorbike, having just come out of a certain supermarket. He lives not far away. Very environmentally friendly mode of transport is the electric motorbike!
I never know if ‘off duty’ players want fans attention or not so I left him alone!
If it was Freddie he had a photo of it on his Instagram page. Birthday present to himself I believe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

He had a thing on Insta about taking it for an night time trip over to Kini's
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

surprised he's allowed to ride a motor bike, even an electric one, footballers are contractually prohibited from doing so, same with jet ski's on their holiday and other things deemed too risky
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:11 pm surprised he's allowed to ride a motor bike, even an electric one, footballers are contractually prohibited from doing so, same with jet ski's on their holiday and other things deemed too risky
Possibly different for rugby players. See Ellis Genge motorbike and what Jack Nowell gets up to.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Didn't Andy Goram break his leg playing Cricket?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:11 pm surprised he's allowed to ride a motor bike, even an electric one, footballers are contractually prohibited from doing so, same with jet ski's on their holiday and other things deemed too risky
Yes, but from the little I've watched it seems soccer players break easily.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:46 pm Didn't Andy Goram break his leg playing Cricket?
There have been players break things on the field and played on. The only soccer instance I can recall is Bert Trautman who broke his neck against the goal post and was unaware of it.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:45 pm
Possibly different for rugby players. See Ellis Genge motorbike and what Jack Nowell gets up to.
yeah I'm just surprised the clubs allow it, I still remember Matt Jansen, a promising young striker playing for Blackburn (I think it was them, he'd either just left or signed for them) at the time crashing his scooter on holiday in Italy, it basically ended his career
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I guess when you're paying Premiership football salaries you can be more demanding, but if you're a rugby player on 70k a year it's really not enough to be told what you can't do in your spare time.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tiglon wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:01 pm I guess when you're paying Premiership football salaries you can be more demanding, but if you're a rugby player on 70k a year it's really not enough to be told what you can't do in your spare time.
really for most of them I would ask what job would pay them £70k a year outside of Rugby if they got injured and forced to retire? You only need to wait until you finish your playing career, its really not that much to ask of a professional athlete...
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

There was a pretty funny incident this year with a Dominican baseball player who had a motor cycle accident before the season and injured himself which meant he would miss the start of the season, he was questioned about it by a reporter who asked when the incident occurred to which he replied "which one".

The team he plays for gave him a $330 million 14 year contract the previous year, so clearly the threat of losing money is not what drives some people.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

One of the worse incidents is of course Michael Schumacher who sustained his life changing injuries while skiing down a black run
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:35 pm One of the worse incidents is of course Michael Schumacher who sustained his life changing injuries while skiing down a black run
he was also retired, still tragic but I don't think Ferrari or Mercedes would have permitted him to do so whilst an active driver
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Laura Dahlmeier was the top female biathlon until she retired...always amazed she was allowed to do mountain climbing
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..