LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by sapajo »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:03 pm Heaven help us if there are some unexpected names on the leavers list, if when the list is coming out can provoke such debate.
Thanks to two players it seems we will not have to wait for 8 days for their departure to be announced by the club.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Scott1 »

Why delete
"Can the club employ Instagram?" 🤔🤔🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Shame we are losing Moroni, a wonderful player and our best centre in my opinion. Wish him all the best at Newcastle.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/TigersLeicester/sta ... PAuTw&s=19

For those without Instagram you can read Socino's leaving message here
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Well at centre Socino and Moroni are leaving and I suspect Taute is also off (3). Gopperth and Cokanasiga rumoured inbound (2) perhaps 1 more centre signing ?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:27 pm Well at centre Socino and Moroni are leaving and I suspect Taute is also off (3). Gopperth and Cokanasiga rumoured inbound (2) perhaps 1 more centre signing ?
Gopperth and Cokanasiga are confirmed not rumoured. Imagine we are pretty set with Kelly, Scott, Porter, Pollard, Gopperth and Cokanasiga as centre options going forward. Cusick looks like a good prospect too
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:27 pm Well at centre Socino and Moroni are leaving and I suspect Taute is also off (3). Gopperth and Cokanasiga rumoured inbound (2) perhaps 1 more centre signing ?
I agree we may see one more there, but I think there's a good chance we may not even if as expected Taute retires. With caps coming down I think that Pollard was signed to be both a 10 and a 12 also (ps worth noting that both Gopperth and Cokanasiga are confirmed not rumoured), plus Woodward likely to get a dev squad contract with Cusick.

So our centres we will have the following options

Kelly
Porter
Scott
Gopperth
Cokanasiga
Pollard
Cusick
Woodward

Plus the likes of Kini able to cover there from the bench.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:30 pm
Gopperth and Cokanasiga are confirmed not rumoured. Imagine we are pretty set with Kelly, Scott, Porter, Pollard, Gopperth and Cokanasiga as centre options going forward. Cusick looks like a good prospect too
Potter and Kini can fill in at 13 also if we got really short of options
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Moroni announced by Tigers now!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

DMATiger

Post by DMATiger »

Centre options; Kelly, Porter, Scott, Cokanasiga, Taute, Cusick
cover - Gopperth, Murimurivalu, Nadolo (if doesn't leave)
Still some very strong options, wonder if there is still a centre to now come in
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Interestingly it's dated as being uploaded at 10am this morning. So may well have been a technical glitch delaying the release of it.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Gutted about Moroni. Superb footballer. Defensively rock solid, and often linked play nicely. I’ve no idea on salaries etc, but would have personally preferred to keep Matias and release Kini, with Harry Simmons coming back to cover 9/11/15
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh because Kini will be on a similar cap to Moroni….
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Yes. Obviously not like for like. Thank you for stating the obvious. Although given we know zero on specifics, and given their circumstances when joining, it may be closer than you presume. My point being that we’re carrying someone I can’t see getting many minutes next season, and losing someone who was integral to our success this.