LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerMac3 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:50 pm Yes. Obviously not like for like. Thank you for stating the obvious. Although given we know zero on specifics, and given their circumstances when joining, it may be closer than you presume. My point being that we’re carrying someone I can’t see getting many minutes next season, and losing someone who was integral to our success this.
Disagree, think that Kini will get more minutes next season. Especially if Nadolo leaves in the autumn/winter. Lets also face it I think there's a good chance Kini has been out injured and we didn't know it at various points, as think he'd have played more otherwise.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by RagingBull »

But it's all about squad balance.
Look at Bristol how unbalanced their squad is in terms of quality and numbers look at what happened to them this season.
and whilst Moroni was important

Moroni wasn't even a regular starter till April 16th this season.

Don't get me wrong was very important but no where near the level of integral as IMO people make out to be.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:56 pm
TigerMac3 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:50 pm Yes. Obviously not like for like. Thank you for stating the obvious. Although given we know zero on specifics, and given their circumstances when joining, it may be closer than you presume. My point being that we’re carrying someone I can’t see getting many minutes next season, and losing someone who was integral to our success this.
Disagree, think that Kini will get more minutes next season. Especially if Nadolo leaves in the autumn/winter. Lets also face it I think there's a good chance Kini has been out injured and we didn't know it at various points, as think he'd have played more otherwise.
In an odd turn of events I got recommend on Youtube today what I can only guess as a old Fijian schoolboy rugby final and out of curiosity I had a quick flick through it and low and behold our very own Murimurivalu is playing in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LCIrsdT3cM

He gets mentioned at 1:16:22
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I think Murimurivalu should leave out of principle. I was astounded to see him (and Saumaki) walking, in the rain, across the supporters coach park after the final.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Kini signed a new contract a couple of months ago.
A2O