LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:00 am Food for thought
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... -world-cup
Small upside to losing Ellis and George this summer.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:13 am
I wonder of next season’s squad who it will affect. Youngs, Chessum, Steward, Watson almost definitely. Possibles Heyes Kelly Porter Martin.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:59 am
I wonder of next season’s squad who it will affect. Youngs, Chessum, Steward, Watson almost definitely. Possibles Heyes Kelly Porter Martin.
Unless there's an injury Heyes is likely to be released back to us most international weekends. Martin I think will be an England feature after the world cup when Lawes age starts counting against him. Porter and Potter unlikely with the options England have. Kelly is an interesting one because the England midfield were not good at reorganising the attack when Smith was out the game (the latest Squidge Rugby video is good for explaining this) I think Eddie will go all eggs in the Farrell basket on that basis. If Kelly is available to tour this summer he might have a chance to show he can take that responsibility and that would put him back in contention otherwise he might be another revisited post world cup.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Poor journalism, Boyd won't be missing "his England" players, he's leaving Northampton at the end of the season, their new coaching team will.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

10 is going to be interesting. Farrell is playing some fantastic rugby at 10 at present and I could see him starting ahead of Smith. If Tuilagi is fit he plays 12 and personally I would like to see Marchant in the 13 shirt. I could see Kelly as the understudy at 12 he is very powerful and has excellent hands as well as being very good defensively.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

A slight gamble but Jack McGrath leaving Ulster.

Has injury problems which should lower his wage requirements, but when fit top draw. IF Aled and Steve were fine with his fitness and we had cap he would be a very good signing
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

JBeardmore tweeting that there are more issues at Bath with one England International has asked to be released… could we try and tempt Joe Cokanasiga to join his brother early perhaps?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Do you think we need another loosehead RB depends what Lady Gaga is doing to a certain degree, though his progression and fitness both seem to have stalled
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:19 am JBeardmore tweeting that there are more issues at Bath with one England International has asked to be released… could we try and tempt Joe Cokanasiga to join his brother early perhaps?
Joe Cokanasiga retweeted the Bath article about the leadership changes with a disparaging caption before it was quickly deleted
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Heard it’s Spencer.

I feel like Joe will come to us but more as a Watson replacement
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:33 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:19 am JBeardmore tweeting that there are more issues at Bath with one England International has asked to be released… could we try and tempt Joe Cokanasiga to join his brother early perhaps?
Joe Cokanasiga retweeted the Bath article about the leadership changes with a disparaging caption before it was quickly deleted
Could be a possibility then… he also tweeted positive thought for both his brother joining us and for Watson when his move to us was confirmed.

Could significantly soften the potential Nemani leaving blow a little …
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:36 am Heard it’s Spencer.

I feel like Joe will come to us but more as a Watson replacement
Where do you think Spencer would go? I can see Quins as a Care replacement if I’m Honest. Be a shrewd move to work with Smith too if I was him
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I could see Sarries tbh
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:00 am A slight gamble but Jack McGrath leaving Ulster.

Has injury problems which should lower his wage requirements, but when fit top draw. IF Aled and Steve were fine with his fitness and we had cap he would be a very good signing
Had we not got Cronin, or if Van Wyk was off, I could see the reasoning of trying for McGrath, definitely a good player. But having the former two plus Whitcombe is depth enough I think. Having 3x LH all north of 30 plus one at 21 who is really starting to benefit from gametime, would that gametime be lessened? We also have Richardson for depth. I think a 4th TH is more pressing with the risk Heyes could get more England recognition, meaning we are down to two senior TH plus Hoyt.