LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:13 pm What is odd is nothing from tigers still.
Seems to me its now club policy. As posters know I have asked before why the club still has not announced leavers and god help anyone on here for asking or questioning anything to do with the club or players as I like others have been attacked and/or censored on here for so doing.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:26 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:13 pm What is odd is nothing from tigers still.
Seems to me its now club policy. As posters know I have asked before why the club still has not announced leavers and god help anyone on here for asking or questioning anything to do with the club or players as I like others have been attacked and/or censored on here for so doing.
For a lot of posters on this Forum, the club can't possibly be in the wrong, we won the league so the rest of us should just shut up & pay homage to the great & good at WR.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

To be fair to the club, I have not really had an issue with not commenting on matters throughout the season, I can understand that even if it plays to my frustration of wanting to know everything. I can even understand and accept waiting until the season was over to make announcements, I was even OK with letting Saturday set in and settle before announcing but I am disappointed that a valued player is making their own announcement etc and that this has not been followed up by a rapid statement from the club now that it is out in the open. We were quick enough with the press releases when it slipped out that Genge and Ford were on their way.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Did falcons jump the gun?
Are we waiting to sign someone up done and dusted ready to counter leavers announcement?
Agreed, it is odd. With Genge and Ford we put out individual statements, because a club wanted to announce them. I don't get why we haven't done the same. I can even get Moroni wanting to announce it himself so he can convey the message as he wants, but still the club should have put something out by now...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

He has already commented according to BBC and said that his fellow countrymen have assured him it is a good place to come both on and off the field.
Hehehehehehehehe
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Lots of moaning on the forum about the club not announcing leavers, but has anyone actually communicated their thoughts to the club directly?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I imagine the list hasn’t been announced in full because there’s still some details to be ironed out.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No6_Flanker wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:18 pm Lots of moaning on the forum about the club not announcing leavers, but has anyone actually communicated their thoughts to the club directly?
The club reads this forum apparently 🤪
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 pm I imagine the list hasn’t been announced in full because there’s still some details to be ironed out.
I cannot see any circumstances in which any leavers are not known by the club or the players at this juncture?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

I would be surprised if the club had goe to the effort of setting up an official forum and did not monitor it for fan comments to get a feel for what is being said in the stands.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I have been in contact with the Club and they will be putting out a statement on leavers in the coming days. It is in the plan.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:25 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 pm I imagine the list hasn’t been announced in full because there’s still some details to be ironed out.
I cannot see any circumstances in which any leavers are not known by the club or the players at this juncture?
Don't contracts run until June 30th, so hardly a lot of time to sort things out.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:48 pm I have been in contact with the Club and they will be putting out a statement on leavers in the coming days. It is in the plan.
Thanks Tigerbeat
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:48 pm I have been in contact with the Club and they will be putting out a statement on leavers in the coming days. It is in the plan.
Thanks TB. Although 'coming days' is one of those descriptions which is specific, yet also vague...
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:48 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:25 pm
Don't contracts run until June 30th, so hardly a lot of time to sort things out.
No but hypothetically could be negotiating the early release of a player perhaps. Or trying to get a last minute contract extension over the line. Like you said, contracts run till 30 June so it’s not uncommon in other business for things to go right up to the last minute.