LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by markharbtiger »

No news is good news maybe
Of course, the French Top 14 season hasn't completed yet (?) so maybe that's an issue??
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:48 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:25 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 pm I imagine the list hasn’t been announced in full because there’s still some details to be ironed out.
I cannot see any circumstances in which any leavers are not known by the club or the players at this juncture?
Don't contracts run until June 30th, so hardly a lot of time to sort things out.
I think so which is why GENGE was still listed as a Tigers player rather than Brizzle in the England squad.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Its clear we all have different views and opinions which we should all welcome and respect. The fact remains that In 13 years as a season ticket holder I cannot ever remember the club remaining completely stoom over leavers at this point in the season. Clearly some folks have no problem with this, some welcome it, some understand and agree with it. However my view is that I think treating supporters like mushrooms is not a positive example of the Tigers Family ethos. I am minded that Cockers once said at an open forum "the club exists for the benefit of the players not supporters". I shall put my tin hat on and standby for the heavy incoming flak but as I say, my opinion and views are just that and I am entitled to express them even if others do not agree I shall continue to do so.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the only thing I can think is that maybe the players aren't out of contract and there are legal issues to clear up?

or maybe they are letting the players use us to get a higher wage elsewhere so aren't announcing yet? Unlike the injury thing I don't really get this, hell maybe Bondi is still on the source?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:09 pm Its clear we all have different views and opinions which we should all welcome and respect. The fact remains that In 13 years as a season ticket holder I cannot ever remember the club remaining completely stoom over leavers at this point in the season. Clearly some folks have no problem with this, some welcome it, some understand and agree with it. However my view is that I think treating supporters like mushrooms is not a positive example of the Tigers Family ethos. I am minded that Cockers once said at an open forum "the club exists for the benefit of the players not supporters". I shall put my tin hat on and standby for the heavy incoming flak but as I say, my opinion and views are just that and I am entitled to express them even if others do not agree I shall continue to do so.
no one has ever said you shouldn't express your views, however you and others would do well to remember this when telling others not to post their own views because they are "doom and gloom" or how ever else people have described posts in match threads
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:25 pm
sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:09 pm Its clear we all have different views and opinions which we should all welcome and respect. The fact remains that In 13 years as a season ticket holder I cannot ever remember the club remaining completely stoom over leavers at this point in the season. Clearly some folks have no problem with this, some welcome it, some understand and agree with it. However my view is that I think treating supporters like mushrooms is not a positive example of the Tigers Family ethos. I am minded that Cockers once said at an open forum "the club exists for the benefit of the players not supporters". I shall put my tin hat on and standby for the heavy incoming flak but as I say, my opinion and views are just that and I am entitled to express them even if others do not agree I shall continue to do so.
no one has ever said you shouldn't express your views, however you and others would do well to remember this when telling others not to post their own views because they are "doom and gloom" or how ever else people have described posts in match threads
Thank you kindly, please tell me where and when I have ever posted to tell others not to post their own views because they are "doom and gloom" or how ever else people have described posts in match threads? I look forward to you telling me because I know and you know fact is I never ever have. Thank you :smt023
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please can we stick to keeping this on topic rather than stream of niggles between users.
Thanks
:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:34 pm Please can we stick to keeping this on topic rather than stream of niggles between users.
Thanks
Hallelujah :smt023
bendy

Post by bendy »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:49 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:34 pm Please can we stick to keeping this on topic rather than stream of niggles between users.
Thanks
Hallelujah :smt023
This forum is no place to express your religious views. Reported!

(joke....)
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Blimey ! Tell me, tell me NOW. is what a lot of this sounds like. We will know so hold your horses. I'm disappointed that Moroni has left, I thought he added real heft in the centre.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:48 pm I have been in contact with the Club and they will be putting out a statement on leavers in the coming days. It is in the plan.
IMO the only reason for it to have not gone out today (because the socials have now died down on the league win) is that contracts are still being finalised.

Now I know normally contracts are sorted earlier in the year before the last games. However in the world of reducing caps, there are a number more players being released than normal. It may well be that due to this contracts are being negotiated later in the year.

I think it would be terrible for the club to release leavers before it's finalised and then say oh Joe Bloggs is going too...

Now what I do think the club could have done better is actually put out a statement for Moroni, like they did for Ford and Genge, seperate to the other leavers, even if that list comes out the following day it's nice for it to be seen that the club acknowledges Moroni, now for them not to have done it I think it means the leavers list is close to being released, but for now it has the air of the club ignoring a player who literally started the final for us a few days ago.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:29 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:48 pm I have been in contact with the Club and they will be putting out a statement on leavers in the coming days. It is in the plan.
IMO the only reason for it to have not gone out today (because the socials have now died down on the league win) is that contracts are still being finalised.

Now I know normally contracts are sorted earlier in the year before the last games. However in the world of reducing caps, there are a number more players being released than normal. It may well be that due to this contracts are being negotiated later in the year.

I think it would be terrible for the club to release leavers before it's finalised and then say oh Joe Bloggs is going too...

Now what I do think the club could have done better is actually put out a statement for Moroni, like they did for Ford and Genge, seperate to the other leavers, even if that list comes out the following day it's nice for it to be seen that the club acknowledges Moroni, now for them not to have done it I think it means the leavers list is close to being released, but for now it has the air of the club ignoring a player who literally started the final for us a few days ago.
FYI, IMO the one most likely in the air about leaving is TCD, due to the Dolly injury, it may have changed our plans late, so that we are either

A) trying to sign a step up on TCD as 2nd/3rd choice so had planned to extend but maybe now want an improvement with additional injury dispensation money

Or more likely

B) we'd planned to release TCD and now want to either keep him or bring in another late and are just finalising more details.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I would not expect the club to publicly declare that a player is leaving to join and name that club, whereas I would expect the club to declare who is leaving and leave it to the club who the player is joining to name him.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

One of the best examples recently with Tigers was when Johnny May left.

Or even today in Football see Liverpool's response to Mane leaving.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:38 pm

I would not expect the club to publicly declare that a player is leaving to join and name that club, whereas I would expect the club to declare who is leaving and leave it to the club who the player is joining to name him.
My point is that the club may not know who is going, or negotiations may be going on longer as clubs are working out budgets.

E.g. player A we offer 10% less, he may instead be shopping round seeing if he can get that bettered elsewhere, but other clubs may be waiting on hearing on player B, etc etc meaning contracts still be being negotiated. There's still 8 days before the new contacts start and people could still be negotiating.

The cuts are severe, there's more players than ever in flux so negotiations are quite possibly still going on.

If every club had announced leavers and we were alone in doing it late then yeah it's the club being obtuse for no reason, as it is there are multiple clubs (not all) who haven't announced leavers, this suggests frantic negotiations ongoing.