LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by ay2oh »

Yes like him a lot but I suppose we are bound to lose some players to keep below the cap especially bearing in mind that we have signed a few players.
A2O
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Steve Borthwick and the Chamber of Oval Park

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

He’s 5th choice at best this season if he leaves it’s perfectly understandable why, good luck to him
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

markharbtiger wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:42 pm
jgriffin wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:22 pm
northerntiger wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:17 pm

Logically, I would agree, but for the fact the Llanelli and Cardiff were left as identities and seem to have just withered away.
Cardiff and Llanelli still exist as clubs, albeit in a lower tier. So do Swansea - falling down the tiers slowly - and Neath - almost gone.
I remember making the trip to Llanelli in the early to mid 90s to watch Rupert Moon (the cousin of a friend of mine) play when that team were a real force...
Rupert Moon played his formative rugby at Queen Mary’s Walsall and Walsall Rugby Club … I know as played against him many times at a junior level …. About as Welsh as Kevin Pieterson is English 🤣
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:07 am
Cardiff and Llanelli still exist as clubs, albeit in a lower tier. So do Swansea - falling down the tiers slowly - and Neath - almost gone.
I remember making the trip to Llanelli in the early to mid 90s to watch Rupert Moon (the cousin of a friend of mine) play when that team were a real force...
Rupert Moon played his formative rugby at Queen Mary’s Walsall and Walsall Rugby Club … I know as played against him many times at a junior level …. About as Welsh as Kevin Pieterson is English 🤣
Completely true greenwhiteandred...as Rupert's parents kindly gave me a lift from Brum.
Before the moderator removes this as not being about Tigers (!) , can someone update me about Freddie B's status? As it's all v quiet, I assume he signed for longer than a year and we retain his services next year? I fully admit to doubt when he rejoined. But I have been proven wrong. I can only think he likes it at Tigers*, and the coaching team have got the best out of him. TBH I think Pollard and Burns are an excellent foundation to go forward.

(*And why would you not)
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Remember hearing that he has “Made in England” tattooed on his bum! No proof but always made me laugh!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I heard he has MON tattooed on it 😭
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

loretta wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:49 am

Remember hearing that he has “Made in England” tattooed on his bum! No proof but always made me laugh!
Rupert Henry St. John Barker Moon of Walsall.......Now, there's a mouthful, innit?

I think.it was Tony "Chopsy" Copsey who had the "Made in England" tattoo. Might be wrong, mind. It was Eddie Butler that said it.
Last edited by Big Dai on Tue May 17, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

One of my claims to fame is that I played rugby with Rupert and Richard Moon at Walsall. Their dad, Henry, was a stalwart member of Walsall RFC. They celebrate their centenary next season. Hoping to go along to an event
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tomiwa Agbongbon has posted a highlights reel on his Instagram, a sign that he's off?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

JP14 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:29 pm Tomiwa Agbongbon has posted a highlights reel on his Instagram, a sign that he's off?
Generally a sign yes, that's a pity, but suspect someone will take him on..
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:08 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:29 pm Tomiwa Agbongbon has posted a highlights reel on his Instagram, a sign that he's off?
Disappointing, thought he looked like he was progressing well. Unless he's touting around for a loan deal/dual reg whilst on a Uni gap year.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:08 pm
I agree, I would be disappointed if his contract was not extended. If he is off I imagine someone like Ealing will snap him up, or maybe the MLR (he was born in New Jersey, after all) could be his next destination.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

I’m not sure, he’s liked a few comments that say things along the lines of “looking forward to seeing you more in the Tigers 6 shirt next season”.

Not sure he’d like them if he was off?

Could just be me, but I think Tomiwa will be staying around with Tigers next season. I hope so anyway!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Is there space for him Jansen, Ilione and Cracknell, possibly not.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So our back row options are as follows

Liebenberg
Van Staden
Reffell
Wiese
Martin (also lock)
Chessum (also lock)
Wells (also lock)
Jansen
Cracknell
Ilione
Robinson?
Agbongbon?

Other than Robinson who's likely off is there a single back row we'd rather keep Agbongbon over? Not sure there is, yes I'd like to keep him and hope it's a loan he's advertising himself for, but if we are to lose qny of our backrowers I'd much rather him than say Martin...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.