EPCR Semi finals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: EPCR Semi finals

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

ay2oh wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:45 pm It says everything about the salary cap not necessarily English rugby.
Agreed :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Bad miss from La Rochelle. Pace very high. Ben Kay already noticed some of the forwards are walking - it's very warm.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:50 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:22 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:14 pm Personally I think Tigers next season will be better placed than this to challenge in Europe. Think the opposite for Sarries, they're losing players like Koch who will be hard to replace...
Agree Koch is probably in the worlds best 3 tightheads.
Agree, however you could say very similar about us and Genge.
You can, but I genuinely think that we've replaced our leavers better. Ok Cronin is not Genge, but in him and Whitcombe we have two very good scrummaging props (their primary job) plus between Van Staden coming back to fitness and how others are developing (eg Chessum and Martin) I genuinely think we'll have other good ball carrying options. Whereas I'm not sure about Sarries having replaced the talent they're losing
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Carley missing the longest holding on turnover penalty ever 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:03 am
LE18 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:34 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:17 pm

I think more than that is the footwork of the whole back line. It just creates carnage in defence and allows Sexton to wrap around and all of a sudden they have more bodies on whatever side they’re attacking. Hard to think of how you stop it. The only thing would be if you have a rainy day and it’s a set piece game, which clearly is a worry against the big French teams, but that’s a long shot. Assuming Ireland play a similar game, they must be strong candidates for the latter stages of the RWC.
Wow, I didn't get to see whole match but shame to those slagging off ref again and switching off, they missed a great demonstration of "rugby", yes that game they invented when they picked up the ball and ran with it, oh how i wish Tigers would do that, what % did they quote for Sextons passing was it 87% as a neutral I loved what I saw and doubt anyone will beat Leinster this year.
Yup. I turned it off......but I've not got the interest when my team isn't playing and the result looks inevitable.

The Butty Bach was good at the cricket club. Nipper got a 50 and caught couple...plus stumped another. Its summer! Nearly. 😁😁

I'll be taking the juniors tomorrow. Might get back to watch the othe semi.

We've at least got second in the league and I hope we get top spot. After that? I'm more bothered about how Stokes will fair as Captain of the test side. It seems a long season!
:smt023 :smt052 :smt038
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Doesn’t give you any confidence does he Carley?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Where’s Liebenberg II off to I wonder
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:41 pm Where’s Liebenberg II off to I wonder
we do love to have brothers together
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Carley seems pretty adamant not to give a card.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:49 pm Carley seems pretty adamant not to give a card.
Not even a yellow warning!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Try,but it’s still a yellow. Will he give it? Refs never usually do. Why should a conceded try be punishment enough?
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:51 pm
wigworth wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:49 pm Carley seems pretty adamant not to give a card.
Just because they scored is an awful excuse not to give a card especially as he just said the next scrum pen would be a card.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Retirement to finance
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:53 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:51 pm
Just because they scored is an awful excuse not to give a card especially as he just said the next scrum pen would be a card.
It’s one of the worse parts of the game,don’t think I’ve ever seen a ref give a yellow as well. Maybe the once actually I’ve seen it.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:53 pm

Retirement to finance
Thanks RB 👍